What's new

Technics SA-GX910 (1 Viewer)

MartinShaver

Agent
My uncle is giving me this amp. I cannt find too much info ont he net on this other than a few specs:

Model Year(s) 91-92
RMS watts per channel, 8 ohms 125
%THD 0.008
%IHF 0.008
IM Rated Power Bandwidth, Hz to kHz 20-20
dB S/N, "A" wtd., Phono ref 5 mV 70
Mono IHF Sensitivity, dBf 11.2
Capture Ratio, dB 1.0
Mono Signal Strength for
50-dB Quieting, dBf 20.2
Stereo Signal Strength for
50-dB Quieting, dBf 40.2
% THD, 100% Modulation, 1kHz,
Mono/Stereo or Stereo 0.2/0.3
Only Alt. Chan. Select.,
dB Wide/Narrow i.f. bandwidth 65
Max. S/N, dB, Stereo 70
Net Weight, lbs. 33.4
MSRP, US$ 1000.00

My question is, this isnt a dolby digital 5.1 amp is it? I have looked at his and it has optical in the back and spots for 5 speakers and no sub output.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Dolby Pro-Logic....

http://www.vintagetechnics.com/receivers/sagx910.htm

Here is at least a pic of it, showing the Dolby Pro-Logic LOGO.... I'm a little surprised at the no sub output but it did happen in that vintage quite a bit.

If it has 5 channel input (Which they often did), you can use it with a DVD player and get it. The compromise is that you would have to set you fronts to large and use the Speaker level inputs on any given subwoofer or simply not use a sub, once again setting speakers to large on the DVD player setup menu.

MartinShaver

Agent
Well the sub that I have right now is a small sony. It has a dedicated jack for a sub cable or you can run rear speakers through it to get the signal.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
If it is from 1991/92, this receiver will not have any 5-channel inputs. Dolby Digital has not even come onto the market back then and the concept of 5.1 surround was probably still in its infancy somewhere in a lab.

The digital input referred to the "MASH" batch on the front of the receiver, which probably carries the Panasonic 1-bit MASH processor.

Explore

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
I have one of these Amps and have a manual in Pdf if you still want one contact me.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Hey John, the link to that receiver ended up going to one of those funky....whatever....pages with a bunch of vaguely-related links instead of the actual vintagetechnics site, which has the ".info" domain ending instead of ".com".

I found this though:

http://www.vintagetechnics.info/receivers/sagx910.htm

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Lance look at the date of the original post. You are about 4 years late!
Originally Posted by LanceJ

Hey John, the link to that receiver ended up going to one of those funky....whatever....pages with a bunch of vaguely-related links instead of the actual vintagetechnics site, which has the ".info" domain ending instead of ".com".

I found this though:

http://www.vintagetechnics.info/receivers/sagx910.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.