What's new

Tearjerkers... (1 Viewer)

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Has anybody seen The Guys? I won't be seeing it until July - the trailer looks like a major tearjerker, though.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Simon Birch really kills me. When he's screaming "I'm sorry" on the 'bridge' my heart brakes. :frowning:

I watched My Dog Skip for the first time about a month ago and I had tears running down my cheeks.

Others:
Titanic
Patch Adams
Mighty Joe Young
The Green Mile
I Am Sam

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman
don't mean to sound confrontational, but if you were glad when Jack died in Titanic, you just didn't get the purpose James Cameron created him and Rose for. His death embodies everything about the tragedy of TITANIC.
Nah, that's OK, I was being a bit too sarcastic. I just haven't liked a DiCaprio performance since This Boy's Life or Gilbert Grape, and he just seems to be the worst part of movies I otherwise enjoy (Gangs of New York & Catch Me if You Can come to mind recently). It sometimes seems like you can hear the acting wheels clicking and clacking along the track when he is on screen. Anyway, he's still better than Ethan Hawke, who's every facial expression seems to say "I'm befuddled".

How about Old Yeller as a tearjerker?
My wife cries buckets at the end of The Bridges of Madison County. I haven't bought it for her yet because it's pan & scan, but I may not anyway because it makes her so sad.
Also, My Favorite Year never fails to put a tear in my eye during the scene where Swann is getting the standing ovation from the audience.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks