TCFHE Press Release: The Wolverine (3D Blu-ray Combo) (Blu-ray Combo)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    XenForo Template

img1.jpg
    img2.jpg

Wolverine Ink Release-1.png

Wolverine Ink Release-2.png

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.  

2. dpippel

dpippel HTF Premium Member
    Supporter

Doug
    So if you want theatrical and extended you have to buy two different packages. Blech.

3. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I'm wondering if it's just awkwardly worded and the 3-D/Blu-ray/DVD package contains both versions of the movie but the single Blu-ray only has the theatrical version.

EDIT: The bottom of the cover of the extended version confirms that both versions are on that set.

4. dpippel

dpippel HTF Premium Member
    Supporter

Doug
    You can READ that??? :lol:

5. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    But that means someone who does not want 3D will have to buy the 3D set to get the extended version? Anyone see this in the theaters? Was it any good? I recall the reviews were poor.

6. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    Hah I can read it on my galaxy note. I wouldnt have noticed it without someone else mentioning it

7. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
    I thought it was very good - better than the other so-called blockbusters this summer.

That said, I am not happy about having to purchase the 3D copy to get the extended edition and theatrical together. Terrible.

8. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    I have not cared much for the X-Men movies, but my wife does. So I'll probably pick this up when the 3D hits $20 or less. Is the extended version in 3D?

9. Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck Screenwriter

Bryan Tuck
    Well, that's what the World War Z cover said, even though the theatrical was only on the DVD. So I hope that's not what it means. Of course, unlike World War Z, at least the theatrical cut will be available on Blu-ray, even if it's in a separate package.

I really enjoyed this movie, though. The plot gets a little too convoluted for its own good at times, but there are actually some good character moments throughout, and the action sequences are terrific. Also, the during-the-credits scene is kind of magical.

10. Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper Screenwriter

OK, the insanity continues. According to The Digital Bits, the 3D version is only the theatrical cut. The extended cut is in 2D.

So the extended cut is only available if you buy the 3D version, but then it is only in 2D in that package.

WTF!? Who were the marketing geniuses who thought this up? This is worse than the Star Trek fiasco...

11. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

They probably didn't want to spend a small fortune on converting the 'new' 40 minutes of footage to 3-D.

12. Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck Screenwriter

Bryan Tuck
    I agree it'd be nice if the extended cut was available without having to buy 3D, but I can't agree that it's worse than the Star Trek mess. And it's also better than World War Z, where you can't get the 2D theatrical cut on Blu-ray at all.

At least with Wolverine, if you buy the biggest set, you are actually getting all the material.

13. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
    There's been no confirmation the extended cut is 40 minutes longer. I believe the director said it was more like 13 minutes.

14. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Unfortunately, whether they're converting 40 or 13 minutes, it's still going to cost way more money than is going to be spent on a home video release.

15. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX HOME ENTERTAINMENT UNVEILS THE WOLVERINE: UNLEASHED EXPERIENCE FOR FANS AROUND THE WORLD TO TAKE A DEEPER LOOK INTO WOLVERINE THE CHARACTER

ii_14239efa76e18b12.png ii_14239efd17f85607.png

The Wolverine: Unleashed Experience Now Available Globally

WHAT: To celebrate The Wolverine November 19th Digital HD release, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment today launched The Wolverine Unleashed Experience - an immersive website experience that allows fans to take a deeper look into Wolverine than ever before. Through this interactive website, fans can delve into the character of the Wolverine by navigating through a layered, three dimensional site that reflects Logan’s inner struggle with his immortality. Log on and uncover hot spots to unlock new content, including special feature sneak peeks and bridges to past films. The content is also compatible across desktop and tablets, and users can embed and share across all social platforms.

The Wolverine Unleashed experience comes hot off the heels of The Wolverine multi-touch experience – released for free November 5 exclusively at the iTunes iBook Store. The Wolverine multi-touch experience adds to the story with original narrative, exclusive behind-the-scenes video, beautiful imagery, and interactive models.

WHO: Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment is the industry leading worldwide marketing, sales and distribution company for all Fox produced, acquired and third party partner film and television programing. Each year TCFHE expands its award-winning global product portfolio with the introduction of new entertainment content through established and emerging formats including DVD, Blu-ray™ and Digital HD. Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment is a subsidiary of 21st Century Fox.

WHEN: Launches Friday, November 8, 2013