TCFHE Press Release: The New Normal The Complete First Season

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Apr 10, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    img6.jpg
    “The New Normal” The Complete First Season
    From the co-creator of “Glee,” Emmy®-winning Ryan Murphy,** comes a funny, heartfelt show about love, marriage, and hopefully, a baby carriage! California couple Bryan (Andrew Rannells) and David (Justin Bartha) have everything a fabulous gay couple could want – except a child. Luckily, they’ve found the perfect surrogate, Goldie (Georgia King), a gorgeous single mom. There’s just one problem. Okay, maybe there’s two. Goldie’s slacker ex is fighting for custody of their precocious daughter, and her grandmother (Ellen Barkin) is a wise-cracking bigot. With a little work and a lot of tolerance, this eclectic group just might become a family. Own the “witty” (Chicago Sun-Times) 2013 People’s Choice Award winner for Favorite New TV Comedy, featuring guest stars Matt Bomer, John Stamos and more!

Release: May 13, 2014

2. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    This announcement was a BIG surprise. The show was canceled by NBC a year ago, and that one season is only now coming out on disc! Too bad it isn't on Blu-ray, but I guess since the show didn't deliver a big TV audience, Fox must have thought the show wouldn't sell on Blu-ray.

I did request to review it, so we'll see if they send out a review copy.

3. David Weicker

David Weicker Cinematographer

David
    This was a show that grew on me.I initially didn't like it. I felt some of the 'serious' scenes were pretty good, but the comedy didn't quite work for me.
    But I kept watching, and either they changed direction, or whatever, but there seemed to be less striving for comedy, and it began to click.By the end, I was really enjoying it. Once they stopped trying to be a sitcom, it was a whole lot better, and I was sorry it was canceled.

4. rmw650

rmw650 Screenwriter

Richard W
    They might need to change the title here to The Complete Series, since it lasted only the one season.