TCFHE Press Release: The Grand Budapest Hotel (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, May 6, 2014.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    img1.jpg

The Grand Budapest Hotel
    THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL recounts the adventures of legendary concierge Gustave H. and Zero Moustafa, the lobby boy who becomes his most trusted friend. The story involves the theft of a priceless painting; a raging battle for an enormous family fortune; and a desperate chase on motorcycles, trains, sleds, and skis - all against the backdrop of a suddenly and dramatically changing continent.
    Special Features ● Bill Murray Tours The Town ● Kunstmuseum Zubrowka Lecture ● The Society of the Crossed Keys ● The Making of the Grand Budapest Hotel ○ Part 1 – The Story ○ Part 2 – The Society of the Crossed Keys ○ Part 3 – Creating The Hotel ○ Part 4 – Creating A World ● Mendl’s Secret Recipe ● Promotional Featurettes – “Cast” and “Wes Anderson” ● Stills Gallery ● Theatrical Trailer
    The Grand Budapest Hotel Blu-ray + Digital HD
    Street Date: June 17, 2014 Prebook Date: May 14, 2014 Screen Format: 1.85:1 Audio: English DTS-HD MA 5.1 Spanish DD 5.1 French DTS 5.1 Subtitles: English/French/Spanish U.S. Rating: R Total Run Time: 100 minutes Closed Captioned: Yes

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

2. Jari K

Jari K Producer

Such a great film! And I love how the aspect ratio changes from 4:3 to 1.851 and 2.35:1. The "main story" is in 4:3. :)

3. DanH1972

DanH1972 Second Unit

Dan
    I'll have to rent this one first. Anderson's last film was far too outlandish for me to really care about the characters, which became almost cartoonish. I loved Bottle Rocket, Rushmore, and Royal Tennenbaums for their clever, dry wit and sometimes very moving dramatic elements, but have found his films have become almost too pretentious.

4. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Cinematographer

Joel Henderson
    Should I hold off for the innevitable Criterion or not?

5. DanH1972

DanH1972 Second Unit

Dan
    Rent it first.

6. darkrock17

darkrock17 Supporting Actor

Andrew McClure
    This sounds very Criterion already, but, live a little and buy now and then double dip later, it's innevitable that you will anways.

7. Jari K

Jari K Producer

"Rent it first."Why? The style of the film is unique, but you should kinda know what to expect from Anderson.To me this is pure "cinema".

8. DanH1972

DanH1972 Second Unit

Dan

9. Jari K

Jari K Producer

"Sometimes less is more."I hear you. But for this film that wacky style worked IMO. And no Oscar nom for Fiennes? Strange.

10. DanH1972

DanH1972 Second Unit

Dan
    I'll definitely rent The Grand Budapest Hotel. If it's more in keeping with Anderson's earlier work, I would buy it afterwards.

11. Thomas T

Thomas T Cinematographer

You're jumping the gun! The Oscar nominations for the year 2014 films won't be announced until January 2015.

12. Jari K

Jari K Producer

Uuups. Sorry, my bad. :)

13. Reed Grele

Reed Grele Screenwriter

Reed Grele
    I don't usually enjoy pretentious. But this is so lovingly crafted, perfectly cast, impeccably filmed, and absurd in the extreme, that I just had to go along for the ride.

This is one of those films that I think I will find something new, or feel different about with repeated viewings. What more could you ask for?