TCFHE Press Release: On the Riviera (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    img1.jpg

On The Riviera
    You’ll double over with laughter at Danny Kaye’s Golden Globe®- winning* dual performances in this classic musical farce that was nominated for two Oscars®!** Faced with a scheduling conflict, a womanizing French financier-aviator (Kaye) hires a nightclub performer (also Kaye) to temporarily impersonate him. But things go hilariously awry as one man tries to romance two beautiful women (Gene Tierney and Corinne Calvet) — who both think he’s their lover!

For more information on the Danny Kaye Centennial go tohttp://officialdannykaye.com/

*Best Motion Picture Actor – Comedy/Musical, 1952
    **Best Art Direction-Set Decoration (Color), Best Music (Scoring of a Musical Picture), 1952
    Special Features ● The Riviera Story: A Remarkable Impersonation ● A Portrait of Danny Kaye ● The Jack of Clubs: Choreographer Jack Cole ● Theatrical Trailer
    On the Riviera Blu-ray Street Date: October 8, 2013 Prebook Date: September 22, 2013 Screen Format: Fullscreen 1.33:1 Audio: English DTS-HD MA 1.0 Spanish Dolby Digital 1.0 Subtitles: English, French, Spanish Total Run Time: 89 minutes Closed Captioned: Yes

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

2. Virgoan

Virgoan Second Unit

Ron Pulliam
    Of ALL the musicals they might have released, this one is one of the least interesting to me.

They have OSCAR-WINNING MUSICALS -- "Tin Pan Alley", "Alexander's Ragtime Band", "Call Me Madam", "With A Song in My Heart"...ALL of which are better films.

I don't believe I'll ever understand the mindset at Fox Home Video.

And for the record, to whomever wrote the box liner notes: Danny Kaye has never had me doubled over doing anything.

Richard M S likes this.
  3. Richard M S

Richard M S Supporting Actor

There was a deleted number from this film which featured Danny Kaye - it was included in Hidden Hollywood 2. I wonder if it is included in there someplace.

That being said, I agree this was an unexpected choice; there are so many other Fox Musicals I would have selected that I hope they release soon.