TCFHE Press Release: I Love You, Beth Cooper (DVD)

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ronald Epstein, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    [​IMG]

2. Bill Thomann

Bill Thomann Supporting Actor

"In the hilarious teen comedy...." The person who wrote the press release obviously did not watch this turd. I saw it with a free pass just to see if the reviews were correct. They were. I couldn't believe Chris Columbus would allow his name to be attached to this "movie". I didn't laugh once.

3. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

It's certainly not a good movie but it's still better than almost any other movie that Columbus has ever made.

4. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Cinematographer

I have to agree it was Columbus' best since ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING.

While the film was disappointing (I was a huge fan of the book which is hysterical) I didn't find it to be THAT bad. (Entertainment Weekly gave it a positive review, in the B range) Worth a look on DVD if you liked the book.

5. Mike_Richardson

Mike_Richardson Supporting Actor

That's a ridiculous comment. HOME ALONE? The first two HARRY POTTER movies? Only three massively successful movies there (and HOME ALONE 2 made a fortune also). ONLY THE LONELY was also a terrific, underrated film which he wrote and directed. And don't forget the scripts to GREMLINS and GOONIES, which I think...ummmm....a few people liked, lol.

Comparing any of those movies to this bomb is IMO way off base, but to each his own.

6. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I know millions of people love his movies but I was only speaking for myself and not using box office to say something is good or bad. I think the Home Alone movies, Mrs. Doubtfire, Stepmom and Bicentennial Man are absolutely terrible movies. In all fariness, I've never seen Rent and I do like his two Harry Potter movies but, to me, it's not hard for I Love You, Beth Cooper to beat most of his directorial efforts.