TCFHE Press Release: Fantastic Voyage (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Aug 14, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    img3.jpg

Synopsis:
    Prepare to journey into the deepest reaches of space...inner space! Stephen Boyd, Donald Pleasence, and Raquel Welch in her feature-film debut, star in “one of the most ingenious, inventive, imaginative, science fiction films Hollywood has ever produced” (Citizen-News).
    Special Features: ● Commentary by Film & Music Historian Jeff Bond ● Isolated Score Track with Commentary by Film & Music Historians Jeff Bond, Jon Burlingame and Nick Redman ● Lava Lamps & Celluloid: A Tribute to the Visual Effects of Fantastic Voyage ● Storyboard-to-Scene Comparison: Whirlpool Scene ● Original Theatrical Trailer
    Fantastic Voyage Blu-ray Street Date: October 8, 2013 Prebook Date: September 11, 2013 Screen Format: Widescreen 2.35:1 Audio: English 5.1 DTS HD-MA English 1.0 DTS HD-MA Spanish DD 1.0 French DD 1.0 Subtitles: English SDH / Spanish Total Run Time: 101 minutes U.S. Rating: PG Closed Captioned: Yes

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

2. Cinescott

Cinescott Supporting Actor

Scott
    Fantastic Voyage was always hugely popular on television when I was a kid. Preordered.

3. Lromero1396

Lromero1396 Supporting Actor

I duplicate my comments from the VTTBOTS thread: no mention of a lossless isolated score. However, I'm thrilled that a lossless 5.1 and a lossless mono track are being included. I guess lossless original audio is becoming a standard on Fox classic releases! :D

4. cb1

cb1 Stunt Coordinator

Chris
    awesome! I can't wait to get this one.

5. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    This movie is great entertainment. Yes, some of the effects now look pretty bad, but others are awesome. I've always loved the attack of the antibodies. This is one of the few classics I think actually cries out to be re-made, using today's technology, as long as they don't go all Michael Bay on staccato editing and vacuous script and characters.

6. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Watched this film last evening.

A favorite of mine since I was a child. Hasn't lost a bit of entertainment
    value in all the years since. I sat and watched intently throughout as if
    I were seeing it for the first time.

And you know what? It has been quite a bit of time since I had seen
    Fantastic Voyage. I don't quite remember the prologue text at the beginning
    of the film. Probably had been cut from television viewings during my childhood
    years.

Think Fox did an excellent job with the transfer. It looks quite good.

Really, this is one of the greatest sci-fi films ever made. So happy to finally
    own it on Blu-ray. Thank you, Fox!

7. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    I count this movie as a guilty pleasure. I like it, while not thinking it's very good. I will be buying when it hits a better price-point.

8. JoHud

JoHud Producer

Joe Hudak
    I watched this one for the first time about 6 months ago and thought it was quite good. Sure, there are a few campy elements but as a whole I though it was a pretty engaging and imaginative effort with some pretty well executed experimental special effects.