TCFHE Press Release: Big: 25th Anniversary Edition

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    ONE OF THE “BIG”GEST COMEDIES OF
    ALL-TIME CELEBRATES 25 YEARS
    [​IMG]
    Tom Hanks Shines in his First Oscar®-nominated Performance
    When the BIG: 25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
    Arrives on Blu-ray + DVD Combo Pack December 10
    Featuring Collectible Sound Chip Packaging That Plays “Heart & Soul”
    Two-time Oscar® Winner Tom Hanks* received his first Best Actor Nomination for his disarming turn as a 12-year-old man-child in Penny Marshall’s timeless, “hilarious” (Newsweek) delight. Tired of being a kid, Josh Baskin wishes he was big. When he wakes up the next day, he’s an adult! Now, Josh must hold down a job – and please a new boss (Robert Loggia). Tougher still, he must convince his best friend that he’s still himself, and explain to a beautiful woman (Elizabeth Perkins) who falls for him, that he’s not. Soon, Josh just wants to be a kid again, but can he? As exhilarating as it was during its acclaimed debut, the “warmhearted” (The Washington Post) Big is available as a Blu-ray + DVD combo pack!
    *Actor: 1993, Philadelphia; 1994, Forrest Gump
    Special Features ● Big Extended Cut ● Big Brainstorming Audio Documentary by Writers/Co-Producers Gary Ross and Anne Spielberg ● Deleted Scenes, Including 5 with Intros by Director Penny Marshall ● Big Beginnings ● Chemistry of a Classic ● The Work of Play ● Hollywood Backstories: Big ● Carnival Party Newswrap
    BIG: 25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION Blu-ray + DVD Combo Pack Street Date: December 10, 2013 Prebook Date: November 13, 2013 Screen Format: Widescreen 1.85:1 Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 (Blu-ray) / English Stereo (DVD) Subtitles: English / Spanish Total Run Time: 104 minutes U.S. Rating: PG Closed Captioned: Yes

2. Kevin EK

Kevin EK Producer
    Reviewer

This appears to be the same bonus content that was on the 2007 DVD.
    I believe the "audio documentary" is essentially a commentary with Gary Ross and Anne Spielberg.
    The Blu-ray does not have the trailers and TV spots from the DVD either.
    The release doesn't clarify this, but I think that like the DVD, they are carrying both the theatrical and extended cuts on the Blu-ray.

I think the one new idea with this release, other than calling it a 25th Anniversary Edition, is that we will now have a good HD transfer, assuming that they didn't just use the one that was made around the time of the 2007 disc.

3. cafink

cafink Producer

Carl Fink
    Just a guess on my part, but my assumption was that this is the exact same disc as the previous release, just packaged with a DVD this time around.

4. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    And different packaging. The bonus features as listed are definitely the same as the Blu-ray disc I reviewed some years ago.