What's new

Taxi - The Complete First Season (1978) (1 Viewer)

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
Well, it's out on
Tuesday

and I can't find a review anywhere. There's no indication on any extras on the site either.:frowning:

What took so long in releasing this anyway? Will be good to see this one out but remember... the Reverend Jim didn't appear in Season One.

Anyone else finds a review, go ahead an paste a link.
;)

Matthew Green

Stunt Coordinator
I'm just getting it for Andy Kaufman...I am reading Zmuda's book for the second time in a row and just watched DVD Man on the Moon...

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
I posted this in another thread, but here's my review of the first season.

And Reverend Jim actually did appear in one episode in season 1, as a guest character. He became a regular in season 2 on the strength of that one episode.

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
There are no special features.

I have no plans to review this set... I've got about 10 discs to review, but expect to only get to about six of them done before the end of the week - and that will be a stretch.

I'm expecting to move on Friday / Saturday (15/16), so I won't be set up to do reviews for several days.

-Scott

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
Maybe a different HTF DVD Reviewer could do a Review... if it's too hard for Scott to do because he's got so many to do... then again wouldn't the other HTF DVD Reviewers be busy as well?

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
There doesn't seem to be many Taxi DVD reviews out there, wouldn't it make more sense to review the title everyone else isn't reviewing?

Paul

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
Nor are there any reviews for:
Conquest of Space
D.A.R.Y.L.
Explorers
The Bellboy
The Patsy
Love Me if You Dare

Paramount has sent me far more product than I can review, lately. When that happens, I have to prioritize. Even if I weren't busy with other things, there is no way I can review all fifteen titles that Paramount has sent my way in the last few weeks.

Since there is a link to a review of Taxi in this thread, I'll have to focus my energies on other titles. I'm going to attempt six titles in six days... that's a lot even without a busy schedule - since I usually average two or three titles per week.

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter

This week, most of these titles are not SE's - they have no special features. Those are quick and easy to review. Since I'm not going to be set up to review DVDs for about a week during / after my move, I want to review my backlog of discs before next weekend. Six titles in one week is very unusual for me, and I may not even make that goal.

Usually, I do two or three titles per week. Major SE's take me a couple of days, barebones take me viewing time plus one hour or so. TV season sets, I usually try to view a sampling of at least five or six episodes plus all the special features (if any), and that can take some time. On average, I spend three evenings per week viewing content and making notes, and I take some time during my days and on weekends and use a laptop for writing up the reviews wherever I happen to be.

That's over and above a regular full-time job, and a part time job teaching Digital Imaging at a local college.

It's a labor of love...

-Scott

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
Well I just wanted to share a little of this. I have watched disc one of the set and while the picture looks dated the big concern to me is that there are moments of absolute blurriness!! It's not all through the set but it's very noticable in certain scenes. Kinda reminds me of the bluriness that was on HEAVEN CAN WAIT that's real noticable.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The blurry scenes seem to be few, and I suspect it has to do with the source tapes. I like the way the discs look in terms of color and most of the scenes are pretty clear.

I'm enjoying this show; I forgot how good it was.

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
I saw it in the Target the other day (the same target with the Munsters incident) and I only had about 80 bucks on me... picked up the Star Wars Trilogy instead. But I do plan to pick up a copy of TAXI.

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
Got this for xmas and it was even better than I remembered. Even without Reverend Jim it's a classic. T

he scene where Bobby gets held up is wirth the set alone. That could have been a sketch on any show ever and it would have been wonderful.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks