What's new

Target and $5.99 DVDs (1 Viewer)

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Stopped in Target today to take a look at South Park (was intending to collect the series but am now having second thoughts) and noticed they had a display of $5.99 DVDs. Didn't seem to be a promotion either.

Largely the same titles as WalMart was selling: Poseidon Adventure, Truth About Cats and Dogs, Batman (1966) etc. Sorry, didn't take notes. :)

-paul

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
the target here in Burbank, CA has all of the new Fox asian dvd's for $5 each

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I'm guessing the issues of the HKL titles.
I believe the latest are: Heart of Dragon, My Lucky Stars, Eastern Condors, and In the Line of Duty IV
Previously released: Naked Killer, City Hunter, Magnificent Butcher, and Magnificient Warrior.

I haven't found any of the new ones at any local B&M's yet, but they tend to show up later around here. I have the first 4.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I saw a few of those Asian DVDs yesterday. I even picked up City Hunter just because it was priced low even to chance it.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
The first batch are all good movies.
Forgot one other: Hong Kong 1941, haven't watched this one yet.

City Hunter - Not one of Chan's best, but it is a fun trip, especially the Street Fighter II segment.
Magnificient Warrior - a decent Michelle Yeoh actioner set during WWII.
Magnificient Butcher - Biggest surprise of the bunch, I've never watched much of Samo Hung's films, but this is really good, excellent fights.
Naked Killer - This was good too, but I'm not sure if this is the full uncut version or not.

Anyway, I had picked them up around their release for 10 bucks apiece.

I sadly don't have a Target near me to take advantage of these prices though... (We have one opening in a few months)

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
They are anamorphic widescreen, but not DTS.
The transfers are good though. They are definitely worth the low cost, if you like martial arts/Asian cinema.:emoji_thumbsup: :D

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
These are NOT the same as the UK Hong Kong Legend releases.

Fortune Star provided the US distribution rights for these films to 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment.

Coincidently, both Fortune Star & 20th Century Fox titles are distributed by Deltamac Ltd. in Hong Kong.

Heart of Dragon, My Lucky Stars, In The Line of Duty IV, Eastern Condors, and Duel To The Death are the second & most recent wave of releases. All titles are 16x9 with Cantonese Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround & DTS 5.1 Surround and English DD 5.1 Surround & DTS 5.1 Surround. Extras just include trailer galleries. Price is low at around $5-$6 at most stores.

Naked Killer, Magnificent Warriors, Magnificent Butcher, City Hunter, and Hong Kong 1941 were the first wave. All titles are 16x9 with Cantonese & English DD 5.1 Surround. Extras included interviews, photo galleries, and trailer galleries. Naked Killer is the trimmed version of the film. Price was recently dropped on these so they can be bought for around $5-$6 as well.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Just an update, I was unable to locate these locally so I ordered them from foxstore.com they had the best price at 7.98 I found, I ordered all 5, hopefully arriving today!

Alex_P

Stunt Coordinator
Just an update, the Target store in Alhambra California has those Asian titles for $5.99. These are the titles: In the line of duty 4, heart of dragon, city hunter, dual to the death. They are all in anamorphic widescreen 1:58:1 and DTS both English and Chinese. I got myself In the line of duty 4. This movie is all actions from the beginning to end, awesome fighting I gave it 2 thumbs up especially for $5.99. Happy hunting...

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I ended up picking them up elsewhere, But I would recommend all 10 titles released thus far. All excellent movies with good A/V quality not to mention the price!:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks