What's new

Talking between songs on XM. (1 Viewer)

Nick

Second Unit
What's with the talking between the songs on XM that's supposed to be commercial free stations ? I remember when cable channel offered digital audio awhile back they don't have DJs. Why do I need them to tell me what's playing when I can look at my display.
One of the reason I stop listening to the radio is because I can't stand the DJ start talking before the song ends. If I want to listen to them talk I'll just tune in talk station.
My friends were like, you're paying for this ? you can just tune in your FM station and I think they're right.
It annoys me so much that I'm thinking of getting rid of it
and put it on Ebay.

SteveK

Supporting Actor
Nick - Talking = commercials? Not in my book. I personally would like XM much less if it had no DJs, as they can give you a lot of information about the music, or at least add "personality" to the channel. You're listening to radio (even if it is satellite radio), not to a jukebox. I've had XM for about 18 months now, and I like it as much as the day I bought it.

XM radio isn't for everybody, and apparently you don't find it to your liking. Hopefully you'll get a decent price on Ebay.

Steve K.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Nick,

I am a little surprised by your reaction.

What XM and SIRIUS are not is services that
just play non-stop music.

Both services have DJ banter. The reason is
simple: they add personality to the channels.

Of all the channels I listen to on both services
I never felt that the "chatter" was as excessive
as on FM radio. The DJs are there to give short
snippets of information about a song or to add
a little streaming comment as one song ends and
another begins.

I am kind of surprised you notice a lot of DJ
chatter on XM. Sirius is even more noticeable,
though I don't find it overly excessive.

By all means if it bothers you give up on satellite
radio. Anything is better than going back to FM
and as for cable music, well, it's only limited to
the home.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Because maybe you would want to find out more about a song? Maybe they can tell you about special events upcomming, or maybe some interesting stories. Personally, I like the fact that there is at least the appearance of a human presence on these stations.

On the other hand, you could be talking about guys like coolguy on Da Boneyard, which seems to be more talk than music. Personally, I can do without those guys. Fortunatly, XM doesn't have too many of those...

Jason

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Well I happen to love the DJs. I hate listening to the music on Digital Cable or DirecTv. It feels so lifeless to me...like I'm listening to a robot or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks