What's new

Take the Money and Run? (1 Viewer)

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator
Is there a chance of Woody Allen's "Take the Money and Run" being reissued? It's one of my favorites of his and it's kind of frustrating that it's no longer on DVD. Anyone know why it went out of print? Does Anchor Bay still own the rights?
Thanks. :)

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
It may have to do that it's technically a Disney title, as ABC Films (I think) owned the rights. I didn't know that it was OOP. It was one of the first DVDs I bought!

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
Most of the ABC/Anchor Bay titles are being re-issued by MGM. Haven't heard anything about this one yet.

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info.
Someone I know has a Korean region 0 copy, that doesn't have any of the usual giveaways as to whether or not it's a bootleg, but I'm still highly suspect. It pops up in auctions from time to time and I was wondering if such a legitimate region 0 copy exists. Thanks again. (If this question is in violation of the forum's terms, please delete it)

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
It looks like this is being reissued on 7-6-2004 by MGM.

It looks like a pan & scan release only which is a bummer.

No sale here.

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
It looks like this is being reissued on 7-6-2004 by MGM.

It looks like a pan & scan release only which is a bummer.

No sale here.

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
FWIW... this release will likely be open matte. They will probably just re-use the open 35MM transfer from the Anchor Bay edition. Disney has yet to supply MGM with a new transfer for their ABC properties so I don't see why this one would be any different.

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
FWIW... this release will likely be open matte. They will probably just re-use the open 35MM transfer from the Anchor Bay edition. Disney has yet to supply MGM with a new transfer for their ABC properties so I don't see why this one would be any different.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
This has always been one of my favorite Woody Allen movies. I bought this when it was first released.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
This has always been one of my favorite Woody Allen movies. I bought this when it was first released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks