What's new

Take it from me, be very, very careful w/ your hands-free headset.... (1 Viewer)

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
I would give about a week and then try to set up something (like having a drink/meal or something.) Some people like to talk about this kind of stuff, some folks like to drop it like it never happened. Let him make that call, he's the one who was slighted after all.

And a week is a good amount of cooling off time. You see him (or especially his wife) too soon and you'll be a wash in piss and vinegar :D

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
I haven't talked to him yet. He's been out of town for an extended weekend. I'm going over to his place this week for a face-to-face.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
From Kevins first post:Sounds like you need to eat some humble pie and jokingly reverse that statement on yourselves. :) Explain the "irony" of it...Who knows, maybe your friend will understand and even laugh.

Rob FM

Second Unit
Real Name
R
Give him this thread in an e-mail -it will show how upset you are over it.

*He'll* see you are really sorry, and *we'll* get a kick out if it!

:wink:
~Rob

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
I had a feeling this thread would resurface someday soon.:b We talk and still hang out, but things have changed a little. He and his wife are a little more private about their lives, and all of us choose our words carefully when around each other. Overall, we are still friends, but there's this supressed, awkward and uneasy feeling that creeps up from time to time when we visit and hang out. So there you have it folks........the results of just a brief moment of accidental verbal indiscretion.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
Kevin,

My wife and I had a very similar experience with my best friend. I said some things yadda yadda yadda and things were only cordial for a long time. That was three years ago. Only within the last year have things returned to normal. It is now how it was before, but man I hated those two years. I hope things will eventually return for you.

Brandon

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
the friendship may have just run its course kevin. no need to beat yourself up over it. with the way the friendship (appears) to have been going, that verbal indiscretion may have simply been the catalyst. if not that instance, it probably would have been something else.

anyway, don't force it. if it is meant to survive, it will on it's own accord.

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
I agree with Ted.
People change and sometimes we only see it or it happens because of an event.
Kev, you will meet more friends in your life time. Your next "best friend' could be around the corner.

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter

I've never understood why people post things like this and usually if it's a friend related thing they most likely share the same hobbies and maybe view some of the same sites. I could never ask for an answer to a personal relation on a website as it seems the answers are almost always the same, confront the person, tell them you're wrong, and apologise profusely if it's a good relationship it'll endure and bad it ends.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks