What's new

Take it from me, be very, very careful w/ your hands-free headset.... (1 Viewer)

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
...Today, my wife and I are driving to a department store when I decide to call a friend on my cell phone w/ the connected hands-free headset to ask him a question. My friend doesn't pick up the phone, so I leave a message on his voice mail and finish by pressing a button on the headset to disconnect the call. Immediately afterwards, my wife and I start a conversation on how big of a jackass that our friend has been acting lately, and how much we dislike his arrogant wife.

Well, after about a 90-second rant between me and my wife about our disappointment w/ our friend and his wife - things that we would never tell them to their face, I hear an unexpected "beep" in my headset followed by the automated female "voice" telling me: YOUR MESSAGE HAS BEEN DELIVERED. The button on the headset didn't disconnect the call like it should have!!!:angry: :angry: :angry:!!! Well, we've got some explaining to do. Hope this helps someone not to trust that stupid non-functioning headset feature, and guard your confidentiality and privacy.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
Boy that really sucks! I hope it works out.

One thing I've always learned to do is disconnect the headset from the phone when I'm done using it. I never leave it connected because I've nearly been in situations like this too.

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Oh NO...that sounds terrible.

Just play it off like you didnt know, making him fume, then mention it like it was a joke (I cant believe you havent said anything about my message! Hah! Im just kiddin, man. I just wanted to see what you would do. You should have seen the look on your face!).

Good luck....

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Isnt the button on the headset to mute the mic? If so, maybe you have some hope... good luck

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Dunno about you guys, but the button on my headset is supposed to pick up the call when the phone rings, and to disconnect the call when I'm done, in effect equivalent of the green handset button on the phone itself, nothing more. So it does sound like Kevin is screwed...

GordonL

Supporting Actor
Some people are oblivious to the way they're behaving and need the kick in the pants. Who knows, maybe it will work out :D. Then again, how vicious were you? Anyways, keep us posted on how this turns out.

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
That is the best thing I've read so far today.

You have to keep us posted.
(not that we should trust you anymore. I wonder what you say about us when your done typing).

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
This reminds me of the time I went back and forth (for days) with a friend of mine who was complaining about her boyfriend. I finally decided to ligthen things up with a joke. She loved the joke so much that she forwarded it to all of her friends...ALONG with the ENTIRE weeks worth of emails we had been sending back and forth.

Needless to say, her boyfriend was on that list of recipients.

In the end, she was glad things finally got out in the open. If this severe your friendship, then at least you don't have to deal with the guys "arrogant wife" ;)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
hehe, yaknow what, this sounds like it could be something out of Curb Your Enthusiasm :D

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor

Beat me to it, Nick. I just finished watching the S2 DVD of CYE last night and this really does sound like a Larry David moment. ;)

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Best post ever. If you're still friends with your buddy, can you get him to save the message so we can hear you and your wife bagging on him and his wife?

OOOOOOOOO!!!! Ahahahaaha

Even funnier

:laugh:

:laugh:

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I've had two similar experiences. While I was a police officer, my phone, on my duty belt, hit the seat belt, and dialed my home phone. When I got home, I had 20 minutes of my conversation with my partner waiting for me.

Then, my partner was driving down the street, and unknowingly, had his leg pressed against the transmit button on the radio. After a few minutes, my phone rang, and there was the dispatcher, laughing. We tried to remember what we talked about, and were then mortified to think who we were dising, and who's body parts we were discussing!

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
I can understand how this is funny to most of you. If I were reading this experience about someone else I'd be in stitches myself. But right now, I am totally a nervous wreck. I haven't eaten all day. I haven't tried calling my friend yet, but I'll try to work up the nerve before the day's end.

As for the comparisons to a Curb Your Enthusiasm episode, ironically, I told my wife last night as we were going to bed how I felt like Larry David living out a CYE episode (w/ the tuba sounds and all), only this is serious. While I don't think this will end our friendship, it will strain it considerably.

Depending on how things go, I may choose to keep some of the confrontation w/ my friend confidential. I know that you all can understand this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks