What's new

T2: Extreme Edition info (1 Viewer)

Trevor H

Second Unit
I thought the UE had a superb picture, probably reference, I wonder how much better this one could be?
With that much EE it is far from reference, like most have said if the picture is better I will definately buy this one again.

Everyone talks about double dipping, how many of you bought the LD box set? that thing cost me $150.00 (Canadian) when it first came out, but it does has the GNR video :D

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I didn't much like the extended version, so I think I'll pass. IMO they were wise to cut many of Robert Patrick's extraneous scenes - his character simply wasn't that interesting as far as bad guys go.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
The reason I like the extended cut is the fact that the pacing and the ending make sense now. Without the inserted shots of the T1000 going haywire, there is no reason why John can tell which Sara is the real one after the T1000 assumes her identity (it always had puzzled me seeing it in the theater). Also, the added frames give a better continuity to the passage of time. The theatrical cut was too choppy in that way. The very reasons Cameron put this stuff back in... it helps strengthen the film and flesh it out, but doesn't hurt the pacing at all.

As for a few added frames of the automatic tommy guns in Aliens, I would have to say it does affect the pacing and intensity of those scenes negatively.

There are also a couple added bits to The Abyss Extended Version that are downright cringe inducing (acting wise) and I can see why they were cut... they did nothing for the character or story development and seemed too much like filler.

The T2 Extended Cut is, by far, the best director's cut I've seen at the present.

Dan

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of plot holes, it has always bothered me that Cameron sets up for the T1000 to assume John's identity when he touches the piece of the Terminator stuck in the trunk. Yet it never happens. Anyone know if a scene to that effect was deleted or cut?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
"Speaking of plot holes, it has always bothered me that Cameron sets up for the T1000 to assume John's identity when he touches the piece of the Terminator stuck in the trunk. Yet it never happens."

I don't know how it would have made much sense for the T-1000 to imitate John. The only reason I could think would be to fool Sarah Conner so he could kill her and assume her identity to get to the real John. But remember, the T-1000 already had physical contact with Sarah early on when they were trying to escape the mental hospital and the T-1000 sliced Sarah in the shoulder through the roof of the elevator.

But no, I am not aware of any extra footage involving that

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Don't worry about buying this XE version, because we will also all buy the next version that comes out after this. Since XE will come from a HD source, then its definite that there is an HD version of T2, hence, there will be a HD version on some sort of HD-DVD whenever that comes out. So, correction, you will not be buying just another copy, but at least TWO more copies!!! Plus a HD-DVD player as well. And don't deny that you won't! :D

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I was originally going to pass on this one as I already have the T2UE dvd, however after reading the specs i'm going to pick it up afterall. Two things drew me in...

1. The new commentary track by James Cameron.

and

2. The all new 1080p transfer, hopefully the edge enhancment presant on the T2UE will be either eliminated or at least minimized this time.

Still, it's a shame that the Guns n Roses video still didn't make the cut, I guess Artisan just can't secure the rights to it.

John C

Stunt Coordinator
I'm going to hold out for the T2-Ultimate Extreme Edition that will be coming in June 2005. I'm mainly holding out because that version will have a Linda Hamilton and Arnold Schwarzenneger audio commentary and a DTS-ES 96/24 soundtrack.
ARNOLD- "Yeah, dis is da paht when I say 'Come with me if you want to live.'"

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Not to get entirely geeky, but we don't know if the T1000 needs to "intend to" model the person in order to assimilate the information needed. I thought it got the info on Sarah when it jabbed her near the end and said "I know this hurts." (If you want plot holes, why didn't he kill Sarah then?)

If it gets the data simply by coming into contact (through any blood from its various attempts to cut Sarah Connor) then it raises this plot hole: How did it imitate the pudgy security guard at the mental hospital if the only contact it had with him was the soles of his shoes? (It later stabbed him through the eye of course).

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
How much more extra footage will this new release have over the ultimate edition? If it is going to be that much better I may end up buying it but as for sound. I doubt it will compete with the UE with DTS. :emoji_thumbsup:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
mmmmm DTS-ES 96/24 soundtrack I hope so, I guess this is where I should have at least skimmed threw the post before I posted my first reply :b . Opppss Im Bad :b .

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
No theatrical version? no sell! :thumbsdown: Kind of strange since they could have done it by seamless branching and since all the theatrical elements are already in the Special Edition. :thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks