What's new

T2 Announced on BD (1 Viewer)

HyperDuel

Grip
Real Name
Jonathan Cohen
I'll be picking up the regular edition. The skull doesn't interest me that much unlike the Blade Runner case a while back.

The T2 BD release wasn't too bad audio/picture quality wise. I'll have to see how much of an improvement the new version will be. If I had more money I would upgrade the sound receiver for lossless, until then it'll be DD/DTS 5.1 for me. :P

*Hugs his LD boxset.*

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
Has anyone been able to confirm what the skull is made out of? If it's not metal, it's obviously a waste. I'll probably order the BD by itself.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I have also re-purchased this title too many times. Maybe even more than Star Wars. Do I need to get this again if I have the previous BD?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

I wouldn't call it a waste, even if it's chromed plastic as a collectible it will immediately go on a shelf and never be touched, i'll find another way to store the discs.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk

Why the hell would you want the previous BD? It only had the theatrical cut.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Why the hell would you assume no one would be content to only have the theatrical cut?

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen

Dave, you inspired me to take this shot (never had them all out at once before :)):

From top, left: T2 Squeeze laserdisc (japan), T2 Squeeze laserdisc THX reissue (japan), The first pressing of the Pioneer US SE laserdisc, German HD-DVD steelbook, French HD-DVD, Japan BD steelbook, UK BD, US BD, US Extreme DVD, US SE w/steel slipcover, T1 US first DVD (Image ent.), T1 US BD, T1 UK SE DVD, T1 UK SE DVD w/first pressing digipack cover, T3 US *fullscreen* DVD (more revealing on Kristanna Loken !) and finally the T3 official Malaysian VideoCD.

Not to mention the other editions I've owned and sold on laserdisc, DVD and HD-DVD over the years.

And you know what? I'm done. No endoskull, no Skynet edition. (Yeah right). I'm still up for the Sony release of T3 in Europe, though.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I was just watching that trailer for the skynet edition and there's a point where 3 duplicate Arnolds come out three doors to emphasize there's more than one version of the film. The narrator only mentions the theatrical and special edition, even though one might get the impression there are three.

As for the skull, it's too expensive for me. I think that if it were made of some substantial material like a metal, they would be bragging on it. Instead, no mention of the material which is a good indicator it's plastic. It's basically another $100 bucks to me (since I have the other discs) and once you get over the wow, gee whiz factor, what is there? But that's just me.

I hope the trailer narrator is well paid, he usually makes any trailer fun.

Matthew Marino

Stunt Coordinator
Johnny Angell said:
I was just watching that trailer for the skynet edition and there's a point where 3 duplicate Arnolds come out three doors to emphasize there's more than one version of the film. The narrator only mentions the theatrical and special edition, even though one might get the impression there are three.
QUOTE]

If you read Van Lings comments in his thread here, he does hint that the third cut is available. It will once again be hidden and accessed with the code.

ATimson

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Timson
Enter Judgment Day on your remote while at the menu (I think it's 082197).

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Just to show you how "not with it" I am, what third cut? There's the theatrical and the extended version. What does the third cut consist of and is it already on one of the DVDs?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
At the end, it fades from the steel mill to the future coda ending where you see Sarah as a grandmother and John is a Senator and they've successfully averted the war. I've only watched that version once (since that ending doesn't fit the rest of the movie) so they might also throw in the scene earlier in the movie of the T-1000 using his hands to read things in John's room too.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I also never cared for the future coda ending, mainly because one thing doesn't make sense, how can John become a senator if he was involved in all that nasty business as a child?

You can't become a senator if you have a record.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
The third, "extended extended" version of the film does indeed include the scene in which the T-1000 searches John's room in addition to the "future coda" ending.

The "ultimate edition" DVD release of T2 included this version of the film as a "hidden" bonus feature (accessed by entering the aforementioned code via remote at the main menu) in addition to the theatrical and extended versions, both available normally from the menu.

The later "extreme edition" DVD did not contain this version of the film. Only the extended version was available to watch from the menu, and the theatrical version was relegated to a hidden feature.

I'm pretty sure the two deleted scenes which are added to this version are also available as bonus features on both T2 DVDs, though I don't think they're easily accessible via menu on either version. If I remember correctly, one of them buried the scenes in a longer documentary feature, and the other made them available only through some kind of "enhanced" viewing mode in which the viewer could access various featurettes, including the deleted scenes, by pressing "enter" on his remote when a certain icon appeared on-screen during the movie.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I kinda disagree. I'm used to watching the move end with the closeup of the highway moving beneath the camera with Sara giving a rather optimistic narration. It's very hopeful. Additionally, there are no surviving remnants of either terminator, nothing for mankind to discover and build upon. To add the coda to that makes sense. Now not liking the scene for cinematic reasons, that's another thing. Perhaps it's tying loose ends up a little too neatly?

As for John not being able to be a Senator, the current gov of CA has a widely seen video of him smoking pot. I think the public has grown quite tolerant of previous transgressions earlier in life.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
For me, that's exactly it. I find the movie with its message of we can change the future to be optimistic but it's still not a happy movie so having a basically happy ending feels out of place to me.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I think Cameron agrees with you. Doesn't this coda only show up in the 3rd version, not the director's cut? I agree with you. With the closing Sara narration we have hope and optimism but it's not certain. The coda is not hope, but fulfillment and kinda slams the door on a sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.