What's new

T.V. Shows Wanted on DVD Part 2 (1 Viewer)

David Lawrence

Stunt Coordinator
No doubt I've forgotten some I'd buy, but:

Alias

Brimstone

Callan

Cracker

Crime Story

Equalizer, The

Homicide - Life on the Street

Law & Order

Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman

Millennium

Murder One

Quantum Leap

Singing Detective, The

Whose Line Is It Anyway? (UK)

Whose Line Is It Anyway? (US)

David Lawrence

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, I'd also like to see the 1990 show "Cop Rock" - if for no other reason than to see if it really is as hilariously awful as I'm led to believe.

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
The Carol Burnett Show
The Chronicles of Narnia
Wonder Woman
and
Tracey Takes On... HBO has released every other successful show of theirs except this:frowning:
All in season sets

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Why not just use Gord's site? Click on the last icon on the right in my sig!!
I have to agree with David Lambert here. Gordon Lacey has created an excellent website that collects data on which programs are most wanted on DVD. You'd be surprised how quickly out of control this list gets. Since Gordon's site is coded, he can more readily collect the data through software rather than manually.

The only concern I have on his site is that 2 of his top ten series wanted on DVD are currently arriving.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The only concern I have on his site is that 2 of his top ten series wanted on DVD are currently arriving.
Which two are you referring to?
If you mean the "DVDs People Want" list, that is strictly user-driven. That list counts the number of checkmarks in the various "I want this DVD" boxes and presents the totals, and paretos them as a top-ten list. When a person marks that title as being owned, it automatically unchecks the "I want this DVD" box, and so it no longer contributes to the total. A perfect example of this is X-Files Season 4...it's been in release for months, but there are 54 users at the site who say they want it but haven't purchased it yet...so it remains on the top 10 list! Yes, I am one of the 54. I will correct that and buy both it and Season 5 simultaneously. :) Perhaps others will as well. But this explains why it and ST:TNG S2 are on that list, along with Friends S1, XF S3, and Buffy S1!
If you mean the "Most Requested Shows" list, and wonder why Buffy the Vampire Slayer is on that list, when S1 is out and S2 is coming, it's probably because there aren't enough releases out yet to mark it as a series that is "delivered as a series" yet. After the 2nd title is actually released, Gord probably makes sure it's not on that list anymore. I'm not sure what his exact method is; I'll have to ask him to check this thread and comment himself.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Right now there's no way to remove a show from the list. Basically the list is something like "I support ______ show being on DVD". I guess I could always code something to remove shows from the list that have more than ___# of releases. It's something I haven't considered before.
I'd like to find some way to manage the emails a little better. Maybe some way to sign up for receiving news for whatever shows you want, instead of ones that you "vote" for. I could also tie this into a list of shows for DVDs that you "own/want". I'm rambling a little right now because I'm tired and I'm blabbing about stuff I haven't completely planned yet :)
Gord
P.S. David is correct with the "want/own" stuff.

Lafe F

Second Unit
Here's my list:

Five Mile Creek (Disney/7 Network AU)

Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future (Landmark Entertainment/Mattel)

The World of David the Gnome (Miramax/CINAR)

Fantastic Journey (1977 Columbia)

Animaniacs (WB)

Dave Burakoff

Auditioning
Futurama!!!! Please!!!!! Can anyone explain why this is available in the U.K. and not here?????? Maybe I'm spoiled, but shouldn't region 1 be released first? Movies work this way. Why not this show????

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
David Burakoff wrote:
Syndication deals written into network contracts usually preclude release of programming before it has run a certain time after its primary network run. This show, while out of production, technically hasn't even been cancelled yet. Apparently, there's a whole season's worth---now, how many is that in Fox's counting?---of episodes left to air. Presumably, all will be aired next season. After those airings, the series may or may not be subject to immediate homevideo availability in "region 1", depending on contract stipulations. Any restrictions on this don't seem to cover the region that includes the U.K.

Matt.Koz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Kozlowski
Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour 4

Apparently, Knave Productions are in discussions with Time Life home video to release episodes of the SBCH - as usual, music clearance costs are the major obstacle.

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I've seen no mention of this but Airwolf appears to be available on DVD from CBS/whatever. It appears to only be 2 episodes.

I've seen it nowhere else though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks