What's new

T-Mobile Tuesdays (1 Viewer)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
T-Mobile launched a new loyalty program today, called "T-Mobile Tuesdays," part of Uncarrier 11. Users can download an app to their IOS or Android device and get some pretty nice swag every Tuesday, kicking off with a free small Frosty at Wendy's, a free 2-topping medium pizza from Dominoes, a free rental ($5.50 value) on VUDU (these first three are supposed to be available every Tuesday until further notice), plus a free movie ticket ($13 value on Fandango) to see Warcraft on opening weekend, one share of stock in T-Mobile, and a chance to win some other cool prizes. The only catch is that they all must be redeemed within 24 hours of T-Mobile making them available on the app. The free Frosty has to be redeemed before 5:00 am Wednesday EST. The free pizza has to be redeemed during the restaurant's operating hours before the close of business on Wednesday and is only good on carryout. The VUDU credit must be redeemed online by 11:59pm Tuesday, but you have six days to use the credit before it expires. I foresee some disc-to-digital conversions in my future.

But the launch did not go off without a hitch. Apparently, demand was so high that users were constantly crashing T-
Mobile's servers for the app and the redemption of those free items for most of the day on Tuesday. It amazes me when a company announces a major giveaway then doesn't prepare itself when the entire world comes knocking on their door. I'd hate to have been a T-Mobile customer service rep today.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks