What's new

System configuration for a 5.1 HT and Music. (1 Viewer)

Miguelin

Auditioning
Real Name
Miguel_in
Hello friends,

First of all, nice to join this forum. I have been reading it for a long time and i have learnt a lot from you.

I would like to have different opinions about my idea in the new system which i would like to buy for my home. This sytem is for 60% HT and the other 40% as music. I searched in the market several brands and models with the following requirements:

[*]The space for the system is around 302sq ft (28m2).
[*]It is not a dedicated room, it is going to be my salon so i need my wife acceptance ;-)
[*]I have the Marantz SR6007 as AVReceiver.
[/list]
The main brands which i have been listen to are: Polk Audio, Boston Acoustics, QAcoustics, Behringer, Dali, Focal and Monitor Audio. Taking the main variable of space into account i decided to buy a 5.1 system with floorstanding configuration. Once i select the Floorstanding pair and Center channel (which i think have to same from the same brand and model), i will decide the surrounds and subwoofer which are not so importan as the first set. So, the next models are what i have been hearing in different shops:

[*]Polk Audio TSx550T - TSx440T. These are well-known.
[*]Monitor Audio RX6
[*]Monitor Audio RX8. Maybe this one is too much for my space.
[*]QAcoustics 2050i
[*]Boston Acoustics A360
[*]Dali Zensor 7
[/list]
All of them would be completed with their own Central Channel from the same serie. Trying to analyze all the options i would like to ask you something:

The Marantz SR6007 which i have to reuse, works at 8 Ohms. Is there any problem with the speakers which work at 4 and 6 Ohms?
I think RX8 is too much speaker for my space.
I much prefer the quality of the sound than the powerful. I live in a flat and the SPL will be normal.
What would be the perfect surrounds and subwoofer?. Is not necessary to buy the same serie so i could save money in this elements.

What do you think about it?. Do you recommend me any other models?.

Thanks in advance!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Technically no, you should not have a problem with 4ohm speakers...but.

I would highly suggest getting a dedicated two channel amp for the front two, leaving the AVR itself the duty of the other three(removes any worry you might have).

Personally, I'd pick the Dali...because we can't get them here in The States. I drool over them everytime I find a pair somebody has brought over.

Otherwise...do you have the ability to purchase and return?(as in do a home trial of a couple)

Miguelin

Auditioning
Real Name
Miguel_in
Thanks for the info Sam.I suppose that the best option to be sure is to buy an amp. It is something that i have to think about.Regarding on the Dali pair, i can not try and buy but i have heard them and it sounds very good. Maybe middle frequencies are not too much present due to their woofers. I would like to see a comparision between Dali Zensor 7 and MA RX6. The price difference is quite important so i have to see if it is worth or not.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
"The price difference is quite important so i have to see if it is worth or not."

Understand that. MA RX series are quite superb(and no...the 8 is not too much, it is why we are granted a volume knob).

Miguelin

Auditioning
Real Name
Miguel_in
schan1269 said:
"The price difference is quite important so i have to see if it is worth or not."

Understand that. MA RX series are quite superb(and no...the 8 is not too much, it is why we are granted a volume knob).
Of course, you're right.

I am thinking if this Dali Zensor 7 will be enogh for my room size. What do you think about it?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
302sf isn't a terribly large room. For Europe it is. I have speakers around this size in a 35x35 room(1225sf).

My main theatre(I have 4. Main, living room, office and master bedroom) is 21x25(525sf) using BIC V830 main, two pairs of BIC V820 surround/rear, pair of V62 height with a 62 center(all these were made in the late 80s early 90s).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks