What's new

Syriana 2-disc SE on June 20th, 2006 (1 Viewer)

TimJS

Second Unit
The artwork for this rumored/delayed title is up at DVDActive . And surprise! though no details are available, it's a 2 disc SE.

Tim

TimJS

Second Unit
Um, then again, maybe not. DigitalBits is reporting the release will be a single disc only. Don't really know what to think at this point, but I'll be po'd if they release a 2 disc SE 3 months after a single disc without announcing ahead of time. DVD Active shows the new single disc artwork, too.

Tim

Justin W

Stunt Coordinator
the 2 disc cover is much nicer than the single disc. i hope we get more word on this as the release draws nearer.

Paul Case

Supporting Actor
I'm looking forward to this. I wonder why its future is so unclear? Most of the other films that were in theaters at the same time have been released, or are right on the horizon...

Steve Warren

Auditioning
I loved this movie and thought it was quite brilliant. I was really looking forward to a 2 disc edition, so I hope that DVDActive is right. I did a quick search of Amazon and the only art they have up is the exact art DVDActive has for the two disc version, but they indicate it belongs to the fullscreen edition? No art is listed for the widescreen edition and there isn't a separate listing for a 2 disc set. How odd.

Vincent-P

Second Unit
Best Buy will have an exclusive bonus disc for Syriana, which contains "a 10-minute interview with Matt Damon and a 25-minute interview with ex-CIA operatives that were involved in the oil conflict in the Middle East." So it looks like it has the two featurettes from the German edition that are not present on the standard R1 release. Pretty cool.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....cat91200050012

donnie_d

Stunt Coordinator
yeah but still the "Weaving Reality Into Drama - A Filmmaker's Journey" will bot be included in the R1 disc.

do you mean that "Weaving Reality Into Drama - A Filmmaker's Journey" is the same as the 35 minutes disc of besy buy?.it doesn't seem like it to me.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
This had been on my list as a definite buy, but I'm very weary of a potential 2 disc'er coming out right after I pick this up. No go for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks