Syriana 2-disc SE on June 20th, 2006

Discussion in 'DVD' started by TimJS, Apr 12, 2006.

1. TimJS

TimJS Second Unit

The artwork for this rumored/delayed title is up at DVDActive . And surprise! though no details are available, it's a 2 disc SE.

Tim

2. TimJS

TimJS Second Unit

Um, then again, maybe not. DigitalBits is reporting the release will be a single disc only. Don't really know what to think at this point, but I'll be po'd if they release a 2 disc SE 3 months after a single disc without announcing ahead of time. DVD Active shows the new single disc artwork, too.

Tim

3. Justin W

Justin W Stunt Coordinator

the 2 disc cover is much nicer than the single disc. i hope we get more word on this as the release draws nearer.

4. Jonathan

Jonathan Second Unit

How about a HD-DVD release date?

5. Paul Case

Paul Case Supporting Actor

I'm looking forward to this. I wonder why its future is so unclear? Most of the other films that were in theaters at the same time have been released, or are right on the horizon...

6. Steve Warren

Steve Warren Auditioning

I loved this movie and thought it was quite brilliant. I was really looking forward to a 2 disc edition, so I hope that DVDActive is right. I did a quick search of Amazon and the only art they have up is the exact art DVDActive has for the two disc version, but they indicate it belongs to the fullscreen edition? No art is listed for the widescreen edition and there isn't a separate listing for a 2 disc set. How odd.

7. ChristianLiemke

ChristianLiemke Stunt Coordinator

DVDuell.de
    Infos on the running times of the extras from the German FSK:

8. Vincent-P

Vincent-P Second Unit

Best Buy will have an exclusive bonus disc for Syriana, which contains "a 10-minute interview with Matt Damon and a 25-minute interview with ex-CIA operatives that were involved in the oil conflict in the Middle East." So it looks like it has the two featurettes from the German edition that are not present on the standard R1 release. Pretty cool.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....cat91200050012

9. donnie_d

donnie_d Stunt Coordinator

yeah but still the "Weaving Reality Into Drama - A Filmmaker's Journey" will bot be included in the R1 disc.

do you mean that "Weaving Reality Into Drama - A Filmmaker's Journey" is the same as the 35 minutes disc of besy buy?.it doesn't seem like it to me.

10. donnie_d

donnie_d Stunt Coordinator

11. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    This had been on my list as a definite buy, but I'm very weary of a potential 2 disc'er coming out right after I pick this up. No go for me.