Synapse Films Press Release: Prom Night Special Edition (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    XenForo Template

Posted Image

SOME WILL BE CROWNED. 
    OTHERS WILL LOSE THEIR HEADS. PROM NIGHT
    SLASHING YOUR WAY ON BLU-RAY AND DVD SEPTEMBER 9!

Posted ImageGET YOUR TUXEDOS ON!

Jamie Lee Curtis (HALLOWEEN, THE FOG) and Leslie Nielsen (THE NAKED GUN, AIRPLANE, FORBIDDEN PLANET) star in this celebrated slasher classic. 

Four Hamilton High seniors are hiding a terrible secret. What happened to Robin Hammond six years ago was a game that turned into a horrible tragedy, and someone saw what they did… someone waiting for gruesome revenge! Wearing a black hood and wielding an axe, a killer brutally slaughters the teenagers one by one at their high school prom.  As the spotlight falls on the newly crowned prom king and queen, the psychopath will show everyone his new favorite game to play…

Are you ready for a bloody night of 
    “Disco Madness”? Synapse Films is proud to present PROM NIGHT in a beautiful new version, remastered and restored in 2K from the original 35mm camera negative with an all-new 5.1 surround mix.

Posted Image

Special Features:

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Candara;font-size:12px;]• Brand-New 2K High-Definition Transfer from the Original 35mm Camera Negative[/color]
    [color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Candara;font-size:12px;]• New 5.1 Surround Remix Specifically Created for this Release (Original 2.0 Mono Included)[/color]
    [color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Candara;font-size:12px;]• Audio Commentary with Director Paul Lynch and Screenwriter William Gray[/color]
    [color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Candara;font-size:12px;]• THE HORRORS OF HAMILTON HIGH: The Making of "Prom Night" – Featurette[/color]
    [color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Candara;font-size:12px;]• Collection of Additional Scenes Added for Television Broadcast[/color]
    [color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Candara;font-size:12px;]• Never-Before-Seen Outtakes from “Prom Night” *Exclusive to Blu-ray[/color]
    [color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Candara;font-size:12px;]• Motion Still Gallery *Exclusive to Blu-ray[/color]
    [color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Candara;font-size:12px;]• Original Theatrical Trailer & Television Spots[/color]
    [color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Candara;font-size:12px;]• English Subtitles for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing[/color]

Disc Info:

Directed by: Paul Lynch
    Starring:
    Jamie Lee Curtis, Leslie Nielsen, Eddie Benton
    Run Time:
      92 minutes
    Release Date:  September 9, 2014 
    Language:  English
    Aspect Ratio:  Widescreen Anamorphic 1.78:1
    Formats:  Blu-ray and DVD
    Blu-ray Region:  A
    DVD Region: 1
    Blu-ray UPC: 654930316597
    DVD UPC:  654930316696
    Blu-ray SRP:  $24.95
    DVD SRP:  $19.95

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

2. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Yes, I am.

I think this has been rumored for years now so it's great to finally see it happen.

3. Jari K

Jari K Producer

Great news. I probably still have the original DVD. But not for long!

4. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    I'll pick up the blu on this too. Always enjoyed it, eh!

5. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Now Available for preorder
    Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

6. Kyrsten Brad

Kyrsten Brad Screenwriter

Brad
    Beat me to it Ron. Pre-Ordered, on my "Save for Later" list.

There's a lot I remember about this movie from when us US Marines and US Navy Sailors saw this on the downtown Lyceum screen in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, but the one that got us males, the blond chick when she moons the janitor.