What's new

Symphonic Metal - Dutch (1 Viewer)

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
A friend of mine lent me "India" by Xandria. OMG, what a GREAT album/CD/Whatever! I may have to pony up the import prices for stuff...

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
India and Salome are both incredible CDs from Xandria. I'm really curious how they'll sound with the new lead singer they just hired.
By the way, India is only $15 if you order from Laser's Edge.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
Wow, I wasn't aware Xandria had a new singer!
"India" is amazing. I love "Now & Forever." I need to order it, if my friend ever wants to see his CD again...

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Yep, they have a new lead singer. The previous one quit for personal reasons, among them, a discomfort of being the front person of a band. Uhh, okay. Anyhow, here is a link to the official site with pictures of the new singer:
Xandria
They are currently touring Europe with the new singer.

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Arise ye thread of olde!

Epica is going to release a new double CD of live material. Some of the stuff from the first CD is going to be...interesting. From the Metalstorm website:

Here it is, the official cover and tracklisting of "The Classical Conspiracy" live album. It contains a full live show recorded in Miskolc, Hungary, with a 40-piece orchestra and a 30-piece choir. More than 2 hours of Epica songs and adaptations of classical masterpieces and movie scores! The album is set for a release via Nuclear Blast on May 8th.

Disc I [Classical setlist]:

01. Palladium

02. O Fortuna [Orff cover]

03. Dies Irae [Verdi cover]

04. Ombra Mai Fu [Handel cover]

05. 1st part, New World [Dvorak cover]

06. Spiderman [medley]

07. Summer 3 [Vivaldi cover]

08. Montagues & Capulets [Prokovief cover]

09. Imperial March [John Williams cover]

10. Stabat Mater [Pergolesi cover]

11. Unholy Trinity

12. In The Hall Of The Mountain King [Grieg cover]

13. Pirates Of The Caribbean [medley]

Disc II [Epica setlist]:

01. Indigo / The Last Crusade

02. Sensorium

03. Quietus

04. Chasing The Dragon

05. Feint

06. Never Enough

07. Beyond Belief

08. Cry For The Moon

09. Safeguard To Paradise

10. Blank Infinity

11. Living A Lie

12. The Phantom Agony

13. Sancta Terra

14. Illusive Consensus

15. Consign To Oblivion

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
The thought of Epica singing "Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!" scares the bejebus out of me.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
FYI: Within Temptation's "What Have You Done" is now available as a download for Guitar Hero World Tour. It's listed as part of "European Track Pack 4" along with "Hier kommt Alex" by Die Toten Hosen and "Carolina" by M-Clan. It might also be available to download on its own.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
Ooooh! Nice news about Epica!
Sorry to chime in so late, I was in Thailand for the last 10 days...lots of time to listen to symphonic stuff there and back...

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
My Within Temptation Black Symphony BD arrived yesterday. Great performance, great A/V, great extras, and an editor who should NEVER BE ALLOWED ANYWHERE NEAR A CONCERT VIDEO EVER AGAIN.
EVER.
Admittedly, it's not the worst I've seen, but it's still pretty bad. Some of the songs are almost unwatchable. Unless you enjoy epilepsy.

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't find the editing as bad as you did. Certainly some songs were brutalized by spastic editing. I figure if Pokemon didn't send me into an epileptic fit, this concert would be safe.

I was more mesmerized by the clowns on stilts and the fact that Keith Caputo looked like a leprechaun standing next to Sharon.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
That fact that it made both of us think of Pokemon says something. ;) IMO concert videos in general have gotten so bad that people's standards are just getting too low.
Caputo is quite the munchkin, ain't he?

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
Yeah, he IS short, and I remembered last week that I used to see him outside hardcore shows at CBGBs before he formed Life of Agony. Some of the people I knew back then used to rip on him about his height in connection with his desire to front a hardcore/heavy metal band. He's done alright for himself...
Has anyone heard the new Delain yet, or know if it's slated for a domestic release?
I'm not really bothered by the editing on "Black Symphony" at all. However, I DON'T like the liberal use of black-and-white.
I LOVE when Sharon makes her Grand Entrance during "Jillian" with a smile on her face that says both "How REGAL am I right now in this dress?" and "Can you believe I'm actually WEARING this get-up?" Gawd, I LOVE her!
EDIT: I just read on Blabbermouth that the new Delain will be released in North America in June...

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Good thing the new Delain is coming to NA in June because Amazon has the import for $36. Ouch. Not in stock yet though.
If you want to listen to the WHOLE thing, the entire album is available via streaming at the German Roadrunner Records website:
Roadrunner Records Deutschland
EDIT: Well lookie here. I spoke too soon! Laser's Edge has the new Delain for $15:
http://www.lasercd.com/ProductInfo.a...id=RR%207879-5
I'm off to order it NOW!

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
My order just shipped, so Laser's Edge does indeed have the new Delain in stock for half the price of what Amazon is charging. Sweet.
In a six degrees of separation twist, while looking up Delain on the Laser's Edge site, I came across another band called Brother Firetribe. They're a Finnish band that sounds like 80's era metal/hard rock. They sound like a mix of Survivor/Europe/Journey/Kiss. A completely cheesy but glorious mix of bombastic but catchy music, which for a guy like me who grew up on 80's metal, is beyond awesome. The lead singer is from another band called Leverage and the guitar player is Erno “Emppu” Vuorinen from Nightwish, so there is your tie-in to this message thread.

Here is the link to a MySpace page of their last CD: http://music.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...&albumid=15199
Needless to say, being the shameless child of the 80's that I am, I ordered it along with the new Delain.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
I just got the 2 DVD/ 2 CD version of "We Came with the Northern winds" by Leaves' Eyes. I've been looking forward to this, even though they don't play "Senses Capture."

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
I got my Laser's Edge order today. I ordered the new Nightwish live CD, the new Delain, latest Brother Firetribe and I too also got "We Came from the Northern Winds". Very nice 4 disc set. I watch parts of the two DVDs at work earlier this morning. I would definitely not mind seeing Leaves' Eyes in concert if they ever came to the U.S. Liv Kristine is quite stunning. In preparation for this 4 disc set, I've been listening to Vinland Saga the past several days. Really great stuff.
Don, if you're eager to get the new Delain, Laser's Edge is the place to order it from.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
I watched most of the 2-hour documentary from "We Came..." last night to get me ready for the concert footage. I quite enjoyed it, and plan to watch the concert this evening. I listened to "Vinland Saga" this morning on my way to work. God, I love "Misseri."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks