SXRD vs DLP

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jason Kim, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Jason Kim

Jason Kim Auditioning

Does anyone own a sony sxrd KDS60A2000? i havnt seen any in person, and i wanted to know how it compares to a dlp? Do the new sxrd's (KDS60A2000) automatically accept 1080p signals? Do the new dlp's like this one (HL-S6187W).

2. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

Can you get to a BestBuy that has both on display? They are similar prices at BestBuy, so I think it would really just be up to your personal opinion between the two technologies.

Yes, both will accept 1080p inputs.

3. benjaminBen

benjaminBen Stunt Coordinator

I have a sxrd and love it, (i have the xbr2) the picture is great

4. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

I own the 55" version of this model of SXRD. For HD broadcasts, it looks awesome. On our cable system, the SD broadcasts aren't so good, but I think this is true for most HD TV's.

5. Alex/d

Alex/d Stunt Coordinator

6. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

There's one poster over at AVS whose used about 20 user names in the past few months. This guy's on a crusade to destroy Sony with his incessant blathering about Green Globs. While this was a known issue on some of the first generation SXRDs it by no means affected all of them and is much less prevalent on the current A-2000 and XBR-2 models. It's certainly not as much of a deterrent to me as the horrible video noise on the Samsung DLP sets.

7. Alex/d

Alex/d Stunt Coordinator

I read about that actually, but I wasn't quite sure what he was referring to.
    And, I also did notice issues with the Sammy noise... eek.

Another reason I think this still gets me is that the Best Buy stores over here, the SXRD's are still not repaired....