What's new

Swordfish...HD-DVD (1 Viewer)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Just a quick HD review....

Been watching as many HD movies as I can with my new HD-A1 and decided to rent Swordfish. Never seen it before. Mixed reviews on the film but good reviews on the image/sound of the HD version. Figured a rental was safe :)

Movie started out great with Travolta's monologue....then becomes a little strange. I really like Travolta...but sometimes when he plays a bad guy it just appears over the top and silly.

Still, Hugh Jackman was great.

The image was really spectacular, as was the audio. Not sure how many HTF members will buy this one but it's worth a rental to show off a HD monitor.

Another solid HD-DVD from Warner Bros.

Next up in a few minutes, Training Day in HD. :) (never seen that one either)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
this is a fun movie.
check the alternate endings, they're intersting.

just one nitpic on the thread, please use more descriptive titles, please :frowning: it's not just this one it's been a lot lately

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
SWORDFISH was very bizarre, but the picture quality is spectacular. I kinda enjoyed the movie, except for the abrupt ending.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Kind of strange but I want to see this again. :) Maybe tomorrow since I have a free day. The image was rock solid.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I found Swordfish to be a mixed bag as far as entertainment
and overall image quality goes.

The film itself is fairly fun. Popcorn entertainment at best.

The problem I found with the image is not in the fault of the
transfer itself, but the fact that the filmmakers seemed to have
manipulated the overall image of the film to take on a more
(for lack of better word) "digitized" look. This doesn't seem to
be one of those films that give off natural colors, and thus, hard
to make a true assessment of HD-DVD quality.

Terry-A

Agent
Real Name
Terry Anderson
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

HMmmmmm i gotta look at this movie again....fast forwarding to Halle Berry sitting naked on the lounge chair....((((freezing naked halle berry))) looks pretty natural in color to me,nope no digitized look on her either...she looks all natural...and no cosmetic surgery as i can see....
well thats my true assessment of this movie....thank god for Halle Berry in HD-DVD is all i can say....

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Warner helpfully reminds the user also that the zoom function is enabled on this title.

I have, ahem, confirmed this in the appropriate places.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
:laugh: ...you guys are killin me! :D...yes, Halle Barry was nice in her high resoluted self ;)

Ron, I see what you mean...and your display is much more Hi-Tech and Hi-Def than what I am using right now. The image just looked so clean and free of noise....

htf_images_smilies_blush.gif
:)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I found Halle in her undies (when Jackman discovers her 'secret') far more sexier than the lounge chair scene. I haven't watched this one since I first got it on HD DVD, and now I think it's time to revisit it.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

Amen to that. When she turns around and pulls the gun on Jackman as he enters the room........well, that may be one of my favorite movie scenes of all-time. :emoji_thumbsup:

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Great, I haven't bought this yet since I have the SD-DVD, but the way you guys are talking....:angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks