What's new

SW Rogue Leader II pre-order comes with Original SW Arcade! (1 Viewer)

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I'll be all over this one.

I remember playing the heck out of the Arcade game at the local Alladin's Castle.. and then playing it even more when I got it for my Commodore 64.

Glen

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
The Star Wars vector arcade game is still probably my favorite Star Wars game ever (KOTOR pushes it pretty hard but it's tough to beat the classic). I have *never* gotten tired of playing it. And thanks to the wonder of emulation I did get a chance to play the Empire Strikes Back sequel not too long ago. It's pretty cool, but the original is still my favorite :)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I was born in '81 as well, but thankfully my old local arcade had a standup version of the original SW Arcade, so I've played it plenty of times. I'll definitely pick this up.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
A high-res MAME emulation is going to approximate the original vectors a lot better than the Gamecube can.

But, it is very cool that they are showing respect to this classic game by throwing in a cool bonus.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Yeah, It's probably going to be no better than playing an emulator version, but at least this is an OFFICIAL release and shows they still remember the game. Now I don't have to travel down to the local arcade every 2 or so days to play it...

But still, nothing beats the original arcade experieince :).

I too, was also hoping it would be Star Wars Trilogy Arcade. I STILL can't defeat Darth Vader, and I wonder if anything special happens when all the levels are beaten..

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I have *never* gotten tired of playing >>>

Not to through it off topic, but how long can you last in the game? I've NEVER been able to get past wave 9 or 10. And that's playing all the way from level 1...

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
I wish they'd slip the Empire Strikes Back arcade game into the mix.
Eh, not really, ESB sucked big time. It wasnt even 1/10th of what the Star Wars arcade game was.

However as for the original packin, this almost makes me want to buy the console, just for that!

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
When is this officially gonna be announced? Its not that I don't believe you, but amazon, ebgames.com and bestbuy.com don't mention anything about this bonus disc and the game comes out in september...

Jake Gove

Second Unit
I picked this demo disc up last night at Best Buy for 5 bucks. It was cool to play the old Star Wars arcade game except the the control was difficult. Has anyone else picked this up?

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
What companies are doing the pre-order deal with the original Star Wars Arcade Game? I'm wondering this before I even think about ordering the game....thanks..

Also, does Best Buy have the disk out in the open, demo disk that is, or do you have to ask for it?

Thanks!

Christopher_S

Stunt Coordinator
Jake-

Yeah, I got it at Best Buy also, and I also found the controls tough on the arcade game. I've always loved that game, but I guess the yoke thing on the machine was the ideal controller for it. Anyway, I'm hoping that if and when the bug hits me to sit and play it for a while that I'll be able to get used to the controller.

I wonder why Best Buy is selling the demo discs like that. I was really tempted for a while to pre-order the game... I wanted to pick it up, but I hadn't been in any rush to get it, (I've still never finished the last version!). Once I found out I could get the demo disc on it's own at BB, any thought of pre-ordering was out the window. Now I'll wait for the actual game to drop in price and get it cheap in a few months. Good for me, bad for Lucasarts, I guess.

Jake Gove

Second Unit
I was pretty excited about Rebel Strike but now probably won't buy it after playing the demo. The space combat part(protect the transports) again is hampered by control problems (at least for me). A lot of games let you adjust the sensitivity of the controls, Rogue Leader didn't, and it looks like Rebel Strike won't either. I guess I don't have a light touch.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I asked the guy at GameStop if they had the discs in, and he said he didn't know, and there's no Best Buys around here...damn.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks