What's new

SW Rogue Leader II pre-order comes with Original SW Arcade! (1 Viewer)

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
We just got pre-order info for Rogue Leader II, at my store, and all pre-orders come bundled with a second Gamecube Disk. The disk includes a playable demo of Lucasart's Gladius, Rogue Leader II demo, Rogue Leader II trailer, and best of all a full version of the original Atari Star Wars Arcade game from the 80's in all of it's vectory graphical yummy goodness. I can't wait!

Marc.

NickC

Second Unit
awww... I thought you mean Star Wars Trilogy Arcade... booo.. oh well, sorry if I insulted the classics lovers....

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
I work for a small independently owned computer and game store. The pre-book is with a supplier called Ingram Micro.

Marc.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
A friend who manages a game store told me about this last week, I can confirm it's true

Great extra to pack in

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I wish they'd slip the Empire Strikes Back arcade game into the mix. It can't be that large. And, I don't think it got played by too many people.

But, I'm not complaining. Between this and the Wind Waker, there have been some great bonus discs.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
Is this freebie star wars good enough to warrant preordering? I've never played it. Considering how fast the price on the original Rogue Leader dropped, I'm inclined to just wait on this one to drop too rather than paying $50.

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
I was super excited about this when i read the thread title but then i thought about it some more...

Think back to all the memories you have of playing the original game (preferrably in the sit down cabinet with ben's voice coming from behind you), now imagine you're using a gamecube controller instead of the sweet flight controller thing from the arcade. I still think it's one of the best star wars games ever made, i just think it'll lose a lot when played on a home console system.

Rob TT

Stunt Coordinator
I beleive the tite is SW Rogue Squadron III Rebal Strike.
I think it also comes with a 2 player version of SW RS II.

NickC

Second Unit
Yes, Rebel Strike will include Rogue leader with co-op playablity, this game has value/lasting appeal written all over it, great deal....

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
Hmm, I don't think I ever played this game. Of course, I was born in '81. Anyone have any pics or know of any place that would have info? I guess I'll try google...
Rebel Strike sounds like an all around great package by the way. :emoji_thumbsup:

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Darren, go visit the link to KLOV listed above. It's got lots of history/detail/screenshots on this game.

The Star Wars arcade game was a big, big hit at the time, with a big impact on the industry.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks