What's new

SVS vs Klipsch (1 Viewer)

Mike^S

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, you should let your ears make your final decision. BUT, measurements are important, unless you work for BOSE.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Girish,

You, I, and the Mods know you did not just say to keep the Klipsch. You dropped a bomb in a thread that asked for opinions based on experience. Your "opinion" is that he should keep the Klipsch because everyone here shoves SVS down someone's throat, with the full knowledge and encouragement of the HTF. This is an insult to the membership and to the HTF. Any bomb meant to start an argument is dealt with by the mods if it is reported. Obviously this one was reported.

If you actually think that the HTF is biased in favor of SVS, take a look at this thread:

Great sub for $400 - $500?

A lot of non-SVS fans in that thread, including the representatives of it's main rival, Hsu. The difference between their posts and yours is that instead of throwing bombs at the HTF and the membership, they backed their arguments up with facts and well stated opinions. The mods even allowed it to get a little heated between the two groups, as long as there was "open dialog". Bombs are not "open dialog".

Girish

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
girish
Both the posts were initially writen in a light humor BUT were TAKEN as bombs.
First Post: Keep the Klipsch, no one is gonna suggest otherwise(here!!). Isn't there a trace of truth to it? If it was taken a little lightly as comments on other manufacturers including our all time favorite BOSE, it won't be a bomb. It became a bomb when it was removed and a threat to suspend was issued.
Second Post: Come on the product is not even in the market yet!! Still reading to the post made me beleive that its a final solution to all the speaker problems in the world. Open discussion!! Unbiased opinion!!
I have never posted anything like that before and will definitlely not do that again. But reading two threads back to back and few others prompted me to express my opinion that there is too much of one brand patronage here.
Again I am not an SVS or a nonSVS fan. I have not participated in any of the "My sub sounds better than yours" debates. Also its not a frustration that I donot own a SVS thing. I am more than satisfied with two Infinity IL120s and a sunfire subwoofer for my two setups.
It is a great forum. I really enjoy reading everything else here.

Jon W.

Stunt Coordinator
I don't own nor have I heard an SVS either, but measurements don't lie. Physics is physics. I purchased a BFD on the advice of this forum and eq'd my KSW-15's to a pretty flat response. It took me a few days to get used to the sound and I totally understand what they mean in all the SVS threads now. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase an SVS but I want something more for a little less. I hope to build a Tumult or maybe one of the new Avalanches this spring but If it weren't for that I'd probably get a PB12/Plus2. That is my opinion on the subject anyway. I see lots of good advice on this forum everyday and have no doubt in the merits of SVS.

Egil

Auditioning
I used to have a KSW12, which I though was a great subwoofer.. at that time. But after reading a lot about SVS on several forums, - I decided to buy a SVS. I sent a whole lot of mails to the SVS staff before I finally ordered one. (I live in Norway, and I have never bought something from a foreign country before.. so.. I had to be sure I did the right thing.. Btw. I got a reply on ALL my mails within a couple of hours - no matter what time on the day/night I sent the mail!:emoji_thumbsup: )

Then I finally got the SVS (20-39PCi btw).. I tried out several DVD's and .. well.. I finally knew what all this fuzz about SVS was ;) It goes really deep, and loud! And man - this thing is really awesome on music. This is where I think the subwoofer shines the most.. :)

There is a night/day difference between the SVS and the KSW12 I used to own.. IMO.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Girish,

Please don't give it another thought. SVS says it all the time. This is a big market, PLENTY of room for fans of ALL brands. Sure we work 364 days a year (we take tomorrow off no matter if it's Saturday or in the middle of the week!) to make the world's best subs, but until you get to experience some, we totally understand your point of view.

Someday not too far down the road I'd like to personally invite you down to our factory. We aim to have a showroom and demo area too in the next year.

Columbus isn't too far away. We'd be happy to show you what all the fuss is about. Maybe make you drag away some replacements for your current subs. Stranger things have happened ;^)

Happy holidays!

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks