What's new

svs upgrade question (1 Viewer)

Ronneil Camara

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys,

I currently have 20-39 PCi. I'm very happy with it. If I will be upgrading to another SVS brand, what should I buy? I want to hear box type recommendation now and not cylinder. I want something similar to my 20-39 such as the low deep bass. I can feel it.

Also, my SVS is about 11 months old. How much can I sell it at?

Thanks,

Ronneil

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Go for the PB12+ultra.... Great sub..!!! Also while your at it... AV123.com has some great deals going on package pricing on their speakers too! I saw you were looking for speakers. I have the PB2+ which used to be the PB12+ and a full HT set of Rocket 750,200 and 300 speakers. Coming from a good set of NHT's with dual subs that cost twice as much or pretty close to it than what SVS above and Rockets above go for there is not even a close comparison. SVS and Rockets take the cake!

DonnyD

Screenwriter
My first SVS was one of the original 20-39PC and after an upgrade fever, I upgraded the amp and driver to make it an "I".........I would often hug that furry creature that stood alone in the corner and provided me with such satisfaction after an hour or two of turning it on......

Soon another upgrade fever hit, propelled by members here moaning about the PB2+..........I had to have one.......
The difference going from the PCI series to the PB2+ is quite significant.

Although the satisfaction is much much more, I have found that the PB2+ is much much harder to hug.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
I went from a 20-39CS to duel 16-46CS+s. It was a very good upgrade. The TC-12 driver is a little bit cleaner, and anything with 2 of them (either a box or 2 cylinders) will give you gobs of output. I have flat response down to 13hz at reference levels.

Don't rule out duel cylinders too fast. They don't get as much attention with all the new boxes, but they still perform just as well as any of the boxes with 2 drivers. And they are easier to move, and take up less floor space.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
From DonnyD
My first SVS was one of the original 20-39PC and after an upgrade fever, I upgraded the amp and driver to make it an "I".........I would often hug that furry creature that stood alone in the corner and provided me with such satisfaction after an hour or two of turning it on......

Don't you mean an hour or two of it turning you on...

Hahahahaah

Mike

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
If theres nothing wrong with your current sub and you want to upgrade for an upgrades sake, skip the 'plus' series and go right to the 'ultras'. That way you wont have to upgrade again in 11 more months.

As for selling: Put it on Ebay, the market will pay you exactly what its worth.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I wonder what a pb 2+ would bring these days... The shipping must be awful though... Sure would like to try out and oak PB12+ultra. May just have to bite my tounge for now. Got rid of all my black NHTs and back to oak everything in the room except the black PB2+, even though in a corner with a doilie on it would be nice if everything matched....

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Hey guys,

I currently have 20-39 PCi. I'm very happy with it. If I will be upgrading to another SVS brand, what should I buy? I want to hear box type recommendation now and not cylinder. I want something similar to my 20-39 such as the low deep bass. I can feel it.

Also, my SVS is about 11 months old. How much can I sell it at?

Thanks,

Ronneil
__________________________________________________ _____

Last I checked Ronneil> SVS had a great deal going on the new PB12-Ultra offering. You would then transition to the TV-12 driver and have your choice in veneer. Their beautiful units and come in the 20Hz stock tune. That would be a nice upgrade.

Your PCi should go around the $450 mark +- depending on the market and how aggressive you want to be about moving it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks