What's new

SVS: Simply the BEST!!! (1 Viewer)

Geordy

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I got my new 20-39cs with my Samson S700 over the weekend, and when I got home from vacation on Monday, I was dying to set-up my new baby.
Well, I was stymied by the S700, which would not fit into the AV cabinet. Cue the saw; one hour later and a mound of sawdust later, it fits. It got too late to set-up, so I waited 'til tuesday.
After I got home from med school, I set it up. I was underwhelmed. Then I emailed Ron and Tom at about 6:00 central time.
Well, let's just say that these guys run a business better then ANY other company I ever dealt with EVER. Ron and I exchanged FOUR emails (TWO more with Tom) between 6:00 and 8:30!!!! He set me straight on a couple of issues (I picked up a ground hum, and use a 3-2 prong adapter--FIXED). I recalibrated my reciever after boosting the amp...
BA-BOOOOOOOM. TSII almost shook our condo to the ground! The bass is so low, so loud and NOT boomy. I could hear distinct sounds that before were just bassy booms on my M&K v-90 (a great sub in its own right, but SVS is in a class of its own).
Tom and Ron showed paitence and courtesy that went way beyond the call of duty. They could have gotten frustrated with someone who didn't know exactly what he was doing (rather, doing wrong :) ), but they didn't. They would not be satisfied until I was. Ron even DEMANDED the sub back if I wasn't happy.
Guys, when my future wife and I move, you can expect another call from me...dual subs has a nice ring to it.
From an extremely pleased customer,
Geordy
------------------

SkiingNinja

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Ries
Yup, they have infinite patience. I too screwed up my install and had to e-mail Ron/Tom. They set me straight and imparted some wisdom: Don't hook up HT equipment while you are hopped up on valium and vicodin :) (i was in a car wreck two days prior)
hehe
Sean

Jason Price

Second Unit
For a future SVS owner, can you guys give details on what exactly you did wrong during setup? Geordy, was your only problem the ground-loop hum, or were there others?
I'd just like to avoid any problems when I get around to ordering my sub. :)
------------------
-Jason
If at first you don't succeed, see if the loser gets anything...

SteveBjr

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats on the 20-39 Geordy. I got mine on Monday as well and i'm loving it. That had to be one of the longest Monday's of your life
laugh.gif
I was very anxious to crank mine up and see what it was capable of doing. Have fun with it!
------------------
Steve,
DVD Collection

Geordy

Stunt Coordinator
I had two problems:
1) Ground loop hum: caused me to turn down amp volume, seriously hindering the performance of the sub. A piece of equipment costing less than $1 fixed all that (3-2 prong adapter).
2) The other problem I ran into, was entirely due to the hurried nature in which I set-up the receiver when I moved in two months ago. On my Denon AVR-2700, I had the surrounds at +6 +6 +6 +8 +8 and -6 (LF C RF LR RR Sub) Well, when I looked at that, I slapped myself in the forhead, and brought them down to 0 0 0 +2 +2 and -6. That made all the difference. Hell, -6 might be TOO LOUD for the sub. This baby rocks!
I LOVE MY 20-39!!!
geordy
[Edited last by Geordy on October 31, 2001 at 09:57 AM]

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Congrats and enjoy it for several months to come!
(I figure by the time you move to the new place you'll want a SS or CS-Ultra rather than another 20-39.
wink.gif
)

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Geordy, all.
That's the advantage of dealing with the owners of your speaker company, vice some customer service rep from one of the "bigs". Every sub is a personal commitment from us to the customer. I mean PERSONAL, our intitials are on those subs for God's sake. If there is ANY hint of a problem, even it's a training issue (don't forget, every piece of audio gear SHOULD come with a commitment to the customer on training them to use it, within reason), then we don't rest till the issue is resolved.
Thousands of subs into this company's history, I think we've only had one or two subs returned because there was some unresolveable issue.
As far as we're concerned, SV Subwoofers, good as they are, are ONLY as good as whatever support is needed to get them running 100% in YOUR home theater.
9 times out of 10 the follow up is zero. But given the hundreds of thousands of different types of rooms and equipment issues, not to mention the gamut of user (from old HT veteran, to rank newbie) we jump on every service issue like it was the first sub we ever sent out.
As long as Tom and I run the show, no matter how big SVS is, this will remain our bedrock operating principle.
Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks