SVS PB2 Pictures!

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by terence, Jun 18, 2003.

1. terence

terence Supporting Actor

2. Eric_Strickl

Eric_Strickl Stunt Coordinator

??!?!?!?!?!?!...... That thing is huge!!!!!!!!

3. terence

terence Supporting Actor

4. Eric_Strickl

Eric_Strickl Stunt Coordinator

Anything that comes with its own skid must be a beast!

5. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

You know, it really isn't THAT big ;^)

Shorter than the mains next to it, and only as wide as a pair of those rather compact Rockets. We actually had this unit designed to go UPS (it just would make their limits) but instead decided to go with Bax Global and a more robust "freight" configuration (complete with the pictured pallet). So far every delivery has been flawless.

At just a tick over 100 pounds and not significantly larger than many other premium subs (Krell, Aerial, the big RELs or Velo HGSs) I'd say it's a reasonable compromise between size, cost and performance. Or that was our goal anyway. The competition targeted was not Sunfire, rather the others above.

Next time we'll ask that the person shot for scale is "Andre the Giant" and not a child I guess ;^)

See one in a corner next to a couch or something and I don't think "beast" will be your impression.

That'll change when the movie starts though. It IS a beast in terms of depth, power and accuracy to the source. That was the guideline surrounding its R/D in any case. If we can ever catch up with demand, maybe we'll finally turn our attention to a small sub.

Probably not though. Too many other big ideas.

Ron

6. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

Like a PB2-Ultra ....PB1-Plus...PB1-Ultra, B4-Ultra, and the list goes on.......

7. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

"Like a PB2 - Ultra .... "

SVS Comment: "No comment"

;^)

Ron

8. james e m

james e m Second Unit

I too would love a PB2 Ultra!

9. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

Maybe even a B4 - Ultra....though you would need new home owners insurance to bring that in the the House....

10. Jeremy Tebo

Jeremy Tebo Stunt Coordinator

Ron - I noticed that you're in Colorado Springs. (Me too) Is this where SVS are made? Who carries them in town?

11. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Jeremy,

Sometimes there are literal "garage sales" here of SVS's I've had for photo or test or manual writing purposes -- but generally our subwoofers are only available from our website (click on our mascot below for a link if you care to visit).

All SVSs are built in rural Ohio. Which is good for me. I'd work too many hours if I could get in the production shop and bother the crew on a regular basis. ;^0

Ron

12. ChristopherBer

ChristopherBer Stunt Coordinator

That thing looks huge compared to my Acoustimass module.

13. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

And i'd be willing to bet if your "module" got anywhere within 5 feet of, it'd get eaten. Literally! Look out! [​IMG]

14. Ernest Yee

Ernest Yee Supporting Actor

Omg that SVS animation thing is pretty damn great... Oh yeah - I NEVER REALIZED THAT THING WAS SO GI-NORMOUS! I never really understood why anyone would go box after hearing about all the compromises / benefits of the SVS cylinders - but now that the size is factored in, it all makes sense now....

15. Brett DiMichele

Brett DiMichele Producer

That's the first time I saw the animation.. ROTFLMAO!!!!

Ahahaha!!!

Nice sub by the way [​IMG]

16. Jeremy Tebo

Jeremy Tebo Stunt Coordinator

Ron-
    Cool, I'll have to ask you about those "garage sales" if I end up buying a house here. As it is, my little Onkyo sub provides more than enough bass in my apartment to annoy the neighbors. I bet if I had an SVS, I could make the fat lady that lives above me vibrate across her living room! [​IMG]

By the way, cool animation. I see that your production shop is just outside my sales territory in Ohio too. (Don't worry, I won't try to sell you any computers) [​IMG]