SVS OR HSU

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by acommonsoul, Jan 29, 2008.

1. acommonsoul

acommonsoul Auditioning

I am looking at spending around $600 on a sub woofer. For the price, which company offers a better deal, HSU or SVS? I have heard good things from both but I would like to hear users opinions.

2. mazersteven

mazersteven Stunt Coordinator

All your going to get is fanboy replies. In all reality both companies make excellent subs at that price point. HSU doesn't have a $600 sub. Either $499 or $699. SVS has subwoofers at all price points. A very wide selection.

3. Rich Allen

Rich Allen Second Unit

Rich Allen
    Yup, both are excellent. Can't go wrong with either.

4. hyghwayman

hyghwayman Agent

Donnie
    [​IMG]

Agreed, from what I've read throughout the forums.

hyghwayman

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Flip a coin, you can't go wrong either way.

6. Jeff_CusBlues

Jeff_CusBlues Supporting Actor

A forum search by the model numbers will also yield a lot of information and opinions. And I guarantee it will be better than "fanboy" responses.

7. lloydMon

lloydMon Extra

I have a SVS 20-39 PCI I've been very happy with.

8. acommonsoul

acommonsoul Auditioning

Thanks for everyone's response...I think I will go with SVS just because I like some of their finishes a little better...Again, Thanks

9. mazersteven

mazersteven Stunt Coordinator

A little better? SVS finishes IMO are a lot better.

10. Alex Prosak

Alex Prosak Supporting Actor

Both make fantastic products. I have an SVS that I love. One sub that just came out, is in your price range, and is getting a lot of positive feed back is the Onix MFW-15.

11. SHS

SHS Stunt Coordinator

I am just frustrated that it seems no matter where you turn in the internet only companies it is a stinking 2 month wait to get a sub, sometimes longer. I have looked at SVS, AV123, Epik and others and it seems to get the latest and greatest in the ~$1k-$1400 range you have to get on a waiting list and pony up first.

Then when it gets time to ship someone else has created a better widget......grrrrrrrrr,(or yippie, depends upon your take) I just want to order a great sub(s), have it delivered it ten minutes and stop surfing through all the forums reading about all the greatest next best thing.....every few minutes another rocket ummm errr, I mean flare shoots up touting the next best thing.. Of course I jest but I think you get my drift.

I am exhausted, craig list this, Epik that, SVS there, HSU here.......wow it is a whirlwind of advancement and I want to jump on the merry-go-round but I'm already dizzy without participating. I am tired of living vicariously through others excited threads, I want to just order one, be happy with it in my 20 minutes of satisfaction, till I read another review of course and experience what many of you people ooze in excitement.

[​IMG]
    OK, OK, I'm done ranting....for now!!!

12. mr.H

mr.H Extra

Good Choice! You can't go wrong with SVS...[​IMG]
    Lots of models to choose...lots of Power, Looks and Pocket friendly too!!![​IMG]

13. John-Tompkins

John-Tompkins Second Unit

Shameless plug ..I just put up a 6 month old mint HSU VTF-HO with TURBO for sale here on the forum for 699.00 ( 999.00 from HSU )
    Awesome sub by the way, having owned both many SVS and HSU models, my preference from a "sound" standpoint is HSU ( given equally priced units ), and from a looks point of view SVS.