What's new

svs onkyo 605 issues (1 Viewer)

sflamedic

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Vinny
I recently received my svs sbs01 5.1 system with pb10nsd sub. I have an onkyo 605 receiver and cant get the sound right. I ran the audessey setup and it hasnt helped much. For now i only have the front l/r, center and sub hooked up. The sub sounds pretty good. What should the phase and gain be at on the sub? Also should the amp be on auto or on? My main problem is the front speakers. They arent very loud at all. They sound no better than my tv speakers. I have read that you need to set them to small but the onkyo doesnt have a setting like that. It has full range and the 40hz-60hz-70hz ect. What should all of the settings be at? I hope they will sound better than i have them now.

Also is there a way to wire it or program it so that i can watch normal tv without surround sound and having the receiver on? Thanks for all of the help.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

What is the source of your TV signal? If you have a cable/sat box with HDMI, you have to run the HDMI directly to your TV and run an optical or coax cable to the Onkyo. Otherwise, you must have the Onkyo on to view the content.

When you ran Audessey, did you put the mic on a tripod? Did you turn off all external noises (fans, hvac, etc)? There are a few things you must do to get good results.

sflamedic

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Vinny
Okay here is what i currently have...

50" Panasonic plasma - px77u
Onkyo 605 receiver
Xbox360 w/ HDDVD addon
Nintendo wii
Motorola dch3200 cable box
svs sbs01 front and surround speakers
svs scs01 center speaker
svs pb10-nsd sub

I have it all wired with monoprice 16g speaker wire w/ banana plugs.
I use my xbox360 as my dvd player so i currently have that hooked up to the receiver with hdmi and then hdmi from the receiver to the tv. I did not hook up the cable to the receiver yet b/c i dont always want surround sound and i havent figured out how to wire it in without using surround sound.

When i ran the audessey i held the mic. There wasnt any other noise. I tried it a few times and got differnt results each time.

Ok so say i wanted to use the surround sound only when i choose for both the cable and the xbox, is there a way to do that or is that only possible with the cable? Thanks for the help. I will be hoe tomorrow to try some other things.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
OK, it looks like you have 2 HDMI inputs on your TV. I suggest you keep the XBOX hooked up as it is. Plug the Cable box directly into the TV via HDMI. Run an optical or coax digital cable to the AVR. Then you can watch TV without the AVR or run it thru the AVR when you want to. For the XBOX, I'm not sure you can hook up both HDMI and alternative audio. I will take a look at my son's later.

It is up to you how you hook up the WII. It can run thru the AVR if you have HDMI or use Component to the TV.

I suggest you hook up your surrounds and try the crossovers I suggested. You can try Audessey again, but make sure you use a tripod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks