What's new

SVS Discount (1 Viewer)

BrianMe

Stunt Coordinator
After all the reviews, I think I'm an SVS convert. I'm looking at the 20-39 PC+. I'm wondering, are there any discounts for forum members? Any sales they ever have? I'd like to get one in the sub $700 range. My old sub was burnt up during a lightening strike, and the insurance company is footing the bill up to $500, and I have another $200 to spend.

Help!

Brian
[email protected]

Mitch E S

Stunt Coordinator
I don't believe they are planning any sales any time in the near future (according to Ron of SVS). Your best bet is to keep an eye out for someone selling one to upgrade to the new PB2+. I'll bet there are going to be plenty for sale soon. Sorry about your old sub, but you'll be glad when you finally get your SVS.

Mitch

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
A B stock sub will also bring the cost down $50 (still wouldn't reach $700). If I were running a company that was scrambling to fill orders, and I already priced my product as low as I could and still be profitable, you wouldn't see a sale from me, either. There probably will be quite a few used subs as Mitch pointed out.

-Robb

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Another thing to remember is that once you go with SVS> Upgrading in the future is a much more viable option. SVS products hold there value very well. You might want to send Tom V a mail at www.svsubwoofers.com and let him in on your thinking? You possibly-very possibly might be ok with a 20-39PCI? ($599) A great sub! If not, then the extra is well worth it and you will be very glad you did down the road. Many of us have tried a few or many other subs and I can tell you I would be very surprised if you did not like what ever option Tom would suggest to you. Let Tom know what size HT you have, %music, %HT, Placement and $$ range you are in and see what he comes up with. Don't worry about bothering him. I still haven't figured out if he works to live or lives to work? :D

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Yes, we did have a summer sale last year, but we swore it'd take hot pokers (yeah, in our eyes) to get us to repeat.

It's not the cost, it's the fact it's VERY hard to be fair to every one that "just bought" and every one that "just missed it".

Raising prices is far easier to administer than lowering them sadly.

Instead, we resolved to do this. Resist EVERY pressure to RAISE prices, while being as competitive as possible with each product's listed price. It sounds trite, but we keep prices essentially at "sale price" level all the time. Given virtually all our parts are sourced from US or Canada, that's harder to do than you might imagine (never mind we feel supporting small business manufacturing is very important, and we KNOW the quality is worth it).

So you don't have to wonder when our latest greatest "sale" is going to end as you might elsewhere. You don't wonder what we're doing with all that margin when our products are NOT on sale. We're running the lowest prices we can all the time. No kidding. Just ask our long suffering Chief Financial Officer.

We don't begrudge ANY other OEM that resorts to "Sales" to increase sales. If we can pay the bills, and avoid raising them down the road because we are paying our bills, well, it seems to mean less turmoil for our customers. They know that 365 days a year we're selling them their sub at the lowest price we can.

Now, if we get a special break on a key component price, or gin up some new product and want to do some sort of promotion for (we can't keep shipping for the PB2-Plus at $50 probably for instance) we'll do it. But sales that pop up with the seasons, or sales that never seem to go OFF Sale just aren't our style. What's the point in the end?? Charge a fair price, fight inflation where you can, and be done with it we say.

Ron

Jonny K

Second Unit
"We're running the lowest prices we can all the time."

I hope I don't upset anybody by saying, but I'm a tad confused here. SVS subwoofers are in high demand, right? Everybody wants an SVS. So why wouldn't you raise prices? Aren't businesses in business to make money? Supply and demand?

Jonny K.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Jonny K., you just hit on the reason why SVS are so popular - they take that old saying "a bargain at twice the price" except that in their case, it really does apply.

Sure Ron and Tom have costs to cover and would like to take a vacation now and then, but they aren't out to bleed the consumers. Anyone in the know understands that there are severe markups between dealer costs and selling price. It's not one company or dealer who do this, it's pretty universal. Tom and Ron break from that tradition and lessen their profit margin (and sell direct, which cuts out the middle man profit inherent in the manufacturer -> dealer -> consumer chain) in order to just get their wonderful products out to consumers.

I haven't bought one yet because I still live in an apt. where people would get pissed if I bought one. But as soon as I'm condo/house bound, you can bet one of their wonderful (and wonderfully priced) subs is going to adorn my new HT room. :)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I haven't bought one yet because I still live in an apt.
So do I, but that didn't stop me :D

Seriously, even at modest volumes, the clean and low bass of the SVS still improves the experience. And once in a while, e.g. Saturday midday, I let rip and have a blast. Nice to have it (i.e. serious bass) available as and when I want to have a go.

terence

Supporting Actor
I wonder how much havoc could be caused if you put a B4+ in a apartment and let her rip!:D :D :D I would pay money to see the faces of the tenants, and the complaints that would come out. Priceless! I can hear it now............"I thought we were under attack by terrorist!" "What in the hell was that!" "It's an earthquake! Man, what does he have in there!"

Can you say Pink slip please.

TommyL

Supporting Actor
terence...I let mine rip last night(hit 129 db with rat shack(matrix) (dead reference), and caught some hell...just about took the chandelier off the ceiling in the upstairs dining room...my B4+ sits on a carpeted cement floor in our family room..downstairs:) I guarantee you, it would cause some havoc with tenants....glad I have great neighbors...some 150 feet away..which helps:)

terence

Supporting Actor
Cool!:emoji_thumbsup: Hey TommyL what due you measure on Chap 3 on ATOTC when the chrome ship flies over? Also what do you hit when it explodes? I must know...no wait i have to know...no i mean i....need to KNOW!:D Bass head attack sorry about that.:)

chun howe

Stunt Coordinator
keep an eye on the b-stock in svs web. you will get $50 off. enough for covering shipping cost :D

or you could ask your freind that has a svs and willing to take them a part, so you could DIY. this might infringes svs patent or copyright though. you will have to check it out.

that's all i could think of.

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
Eh - that sounds pretty lame IMO. I mean, the internal components are going to run a few hundred minimum and there's no way anyone could manufacture that cylindrical design cheaply.

I think I just have too much of that marginal thinking implanted in my head. Since I don't have the usual wife dilemma in terms of getting big obtrusive speakers, I would really like to get a 20-39PC+ as a minimum.

Anyways - due the the fact that I'm almost (SO CLOSE) out of debt I can't really justify paying full price (although it's so tempting!) - I think my best bet would be to find one off of someone who's upgrading to a better SVS!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks