What's new

SVS CS+ 16-46 vs PB2+ (1 Viewer)

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Steve,

Now if everyone will pronounce my name the way you spelled it we'll be good to go!

Sorry buddy, I couldn't help myself! :)

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
Quote:

I've been spelling duel like this for years and I'm afraid I just might keep on making the same mistake for I never use Spell Check::::::::
--------------------

Steve, spellcheck would do nothing for this scenario since duel is spelled correct. Perhaps, there's a program that checks for improper word use I know I could use it. ;)

Richard Little

Stunt Coordinator
You will find that more times than not that you can play most action packed movies at full reference (proper calibration required) with one sub simply because the LFE will not peak to a level that will bottom or distort your sub.
What does "proper calibration" mean. The sub calibrated with the Avia disk to 83~85dB using a radioshack meter, is that a straight reading off the spl meter or using some corrected values for the sub reading?

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Richard,

You pretty much have it but I'd go here for a much more thorogh explanation:
http://www.svsubwoofers.com/faq.htm#meter

By having two identical SVS's you can set the amp gain for each the same and run them up the same way with a combined SPL (and naturally the same lower stress on each... as opposed to running one).

With one older SVS and one of the more capable ISD woofers (again, already in all CS/PCi SVS's shipped for two years now) you'll be wanting to run the ISD based SVS 3dBs or so louder than the older SVS. I wouldn't bother. Upgrade the one and then use the method Avia, Video Essentials etc specify for great, and consistent bass.

Ron

Richard Little

Stunt Coordinator
OK Ron, I re-read it, very slowly. I now believe it says that yes 1. Subs are naturally set a little hot because the inaccuracy of the radio shack meter but all that is ok and shouldn't cause problem, even at a little more than moderate levels (~6-10dB's below reference) and 2. For those who listen to it with the master volume set even lower often can/will go a little hotter than that on the calibration of the sub. Please all, bare with me, it's on the verge of seeping into the core.:b
UPDATE: I have been exchanging emails with Tom at SVS and got around to asking more or less the same question, and he gave me an answer that confirmed the above conclusion. Any body else as... "curious to detail" as me want to see it, I'll post it. How could anybody consider dealing with another company when it comes to bass, hands down the best.

Krystian C

Stunt Coordinator
Think I will pass. I have a thing about buying used electronics. I would rather pay the extra $50 and know I was getting a new sub. Thanx anyway though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks