What's new

Suspect Arrested, Then Not Charged, In JonBenet Ramsey Murder Case (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure a lawyer could argue that a false confession was forced upon him. They could easily blame the media.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Me too. This guy just seems too obsessed with the crime. His ex-wife saying he's never been to Colorado even though she has no reason to defend him does not make him look good.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Yeah man, look at the timing of this story wrt to the SL conflict. I think Ahmadinejad is cleverer than everyone thinks ;).

--
H

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I thought the media got involved after his confession. Isn't that what allowed his arrest? (I know they've been following him for weeks).

--
H

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Months actually. The mother was informed of the investigation before she died, so he's been under the microscope for some time.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps my timeline is wrong, but I thought they had him as a suspect (when the mom was alive), they recently went public with him as a suspect (last week), the media had a field day, then he confessed while in custody...

maybe I got something backwards there

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

No, they had him as a suspect, but the media didn't know about it until his confession. Here's a timeline:

Timeline

No mention of the case from the mother's death until the arrest and subsequent confession.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Holadem, according to this article (which I had read on Aug. 17th), it sounds like he confessed after he was arrested.Perhaps I was mistaken about the 'media circus', but it does seem like he confessed after they nabbed him, which a lawyer would most likely use as a defense if there was ever to be a "Faulty Confession" slapped on him.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Mark, people confess after their arrest all the time. I've never heard of anyone making a succesful case of "coercion by media".

--
H

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, that was my bad (about blaming the media), but my real question was whether one can be accused of a faulty confession if they confessed after their arrest?

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike

Bingo. This also leads me to believe that they could have obtained a DNA sample without his knowledge. Very easy to accomplish actually...

I have a feeling that they have the right guy. If they arrested him without some serious evidence he'll walk in a heartbeat. I also don't buy the ex wife's statement. She also back tracked by saying that she would have to go through old photos to be sure. I've been with my wife for 11 years (married for 6), I don't need photos to tell me that she has been by my side every Christmas.

Mike

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
The only thing confusing me is the picture the "psychic" drew of the suspect. The "psychic" obviously had some inside information since the picture was about 95% accurate. Just how long they've had this guy under suspicion is anyone's guess, but I'll be damned if he was of no interest before that picture was "conjured" up. Any other talk on this subject can take place in the "Aliens and ghosts" thread. ;)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
There's probably hundreds of psychic artist renderings that they can search through to find one that looks like any suspect they nab.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Is anyone else creeped out by the fact that Professor Tracey strung this thing out with emails for 4 years so he could write a book about the case? Patsy Ramsey could have seen what would have happened to Karr.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Huh. I thought the psychic's drawing wasn't even close. See what you want to see, I guess.

One of the early stories mentioned his family saying he studied the Ramsey case a lot. That could mean a lot of things, pointing equally to guilty man checking to see whether anyone's getting close and to complete pervy loon gathering convincing data for a confession that will buy him 15 minutes of fame.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
The doubters of his story were right, his DNA did not match and he will be sent back to CA for the charges there.

Colton

Supporting Actor
Hope he enjoyed that King Crab and first-class treatment ... all for NOTHING! I'm not surprised. The evidence against him was so weak - it's pathetic.

- Colton

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks