Survivor Season 1 - Gord eats words

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Gord Lacey, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

TVShowsOnDVD.com has all the Season One details:

The audio commentaries should be interesting. We're still going to have hold on to the Greatest Moments DVD, since it looks like the Season One set won't have any of the extras from that disc like the behind-the scenes doc, interviews, confessions... Hopefully they'll be included on future season set though. Can;t wait for May 11!

2. Sean Frost

Sean Frost Stunt Coordinator

Is it going to include the reunion show?

3. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Screenwriter

According to the release on TVShowsOnDVD, yes the reunion show will be there too [​IMG]

Chris

4. Mark Kalzer

Mark Kalzer Second Unit

Yay!

Hmmm...people always ask me why I like Survivor and I honestly can't think of a good reason. But I still love it! I still haven't seen episode 8 of season 1, Greg's boot.

5. SteveKNJ

SteveKNJ Stunt Coordinator

Two things would compell me to buy this. One would be if they showed it "uncensored". Perhaps they could show both a censored and uncensored version. (My guess will be it will air as it did on TV, because securing the contestant's rights to show it uncensored my be hard). The other, and more compelling reason, would be if they added an extra 10 or 15 minutes to each episode of unaired footage. As someone stated earlier, there has to be HOURS of footage for each week still out there.

As for TAR. That is STILL my all time fav reality show. Seems to be that way in this thread too!! Now, why is it such a ratings loser? Everyone I know who watches it, just loves it!! C'mon people, convince your friends to watch so we can keep it going!!

6. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

I'd rather them release the British Survivor.

I was watching it while I was in the UK in 2002, that was some funny stuff... in one challenge, they all won beer and got drunk. And it was aired uncensored "What the FUCK are you doing?!"

It was great [​IMG]

7. Shawn_Sm

Shawn_Sm Stunt Coordinator

I don't see why reality television shouldn't be successful on DVD. Sometimes half the fun is watching it again knowing the outcome.

8. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Cinematographer

I have a question. I was reading the TVShowsOnDVD.com release schedule about a week ago and it said it was being released May 18. There wasn't any news item about a delay, so I was curious about this. I checked back today and the release is back to May 11. What's going on?

Hopefully this box will sell well enough to convince Paramount to release all the other seasons. And I can't wait till I have it in my hands and can laugh at those people at the Survivor Sucks board who thought it was a hoax.[​IMG]

9. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Hehe, I messed up with the May 18th date (no one was supposed to see that). The correct date is May 11th.

Yes, those Survivor Sucks people have been giving me a hard time. I received some nasty emails accusing me of faking the whole thing, including the disc and box art! I don't know about you guys, but I don't exactly have hours of free time to fake artwork for DVD releases [​IMG]

Gord

10. KerryK

KerryK Stunt Coordinator

Rudy commentary! It might be worth it just for that!

11. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Cinematographer

Gord, I sent you a PM about it being on Amazon now. $34.99. (I couldn't post the link since I don't have 15 posts)

12. Gord Lacey

Cool, thanks. I just discovered it there myself. For those that doubted me (no one here) I give them a [​IMG]

It's a bit odd - I've never had a group of fans be so adament that a set ISN'T coming out when it has been announced. There was a whole group of them that thought it was an elaborate joke.

Gord

13. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

Good job by Paramount-CBS by including the one-disc recap DVD that came out after the first season in this set also.

14. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Cinematographer

Gord, could you ask your Paramount source if there are plans for the other seasons to be released? I know there was a news item about All Stars, but what about seasons 2-7? I know a lot of people, myself included, would buy every complete season, including Thailand.

15. Gord Lacey

I'm 99% sure that any other seasons would depend on how well this one sells. Remember, 6 months ago a reality-based game show had a slim chance to be released on DVD. I think a lot of people will be watching the numbers on this.

Gord

16. Scott Hamilton

Scott Hamilton Stunt Coordinator

Just got the set...

I was shocked to see the old Recap DVD (still wrapped) is really an old recap dvd since it had a sticker and book inside for a free dvd (buy 4 get 1 buy 7 get 2) by mail however offer ended 6/29/01

Guess Paramount had a warehouse full of the old dvd's? What other reason would they put an 4 year old dvd in a set and call it a new release?

17. Gord Lacey

They aren't trying to pass the "bonus" disc off as new - it clearly states that this was previously released on the package.

I'm glad they included it or the set would have been very empty.

Gord

18. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Cinematographer

I already had the bonus disc so I gave that to a friend who likes Survivor but had no desire for a full box set. I don't have the S2 single-disc so I hope they include that when they release that season. (According to Elisabeth, by the end of the year.)

19. MichaelFA

MichaelFA Stunt Coordinator

"(According to Elisabeth, by the end of the year.)"

So she said on The View that they are gonna release the 2nd Season set by the end of the year?

20. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I'd be interested to know how this one is selling.