What's new

Survivor - Samoa (1 Viewer)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
The rare times we see Galu, they bring some light-hearted fun that this season desperately needs. I think I would enjoy it a lot more if we didn't get 37 confessionals from Russell about how everybody else is an idiot and he's in charge every episode.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Another enjoyable episode. I'm just along for the ride. Loving
the show!

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
Jaison or Ben? I know that was not the two they were voting out but that is really came down to at the end. If Ben stayed Jaison was done and they need him more then they need Ben. I think we will see Russel this coming week shaking hands with Jaison and letting him know that he was glad they picked Ben to go. He a crafty dude.

WTF??? You pick pillows over a tarp and other supplies. Might be one of the worst things I have seen on this show.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
WTF??? You pick pillows over a tarp and other supplies. Might be one of the worst things I have seen on this show.
I thought the same thing. I thought the tarp could have been marketted as comfort "look, now when it rains, we stay dry! ultimate comfort"
DUMB. The moment they get wet, the entire thing is toast. The pots were to me an equally important item.. the ability to boil up water? Priceless. My god, I just can't think of anything.. If comfort had included something like the candels were citronella or bug repellent. but instead you've just got nightlights that attract bugs. I have NO idea how to go with that...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The fact that they immediately edited in comments from him backpedaling on the choice makes me think this will definitely come into play for Russell down-the-road.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]WTF??? You pick pillows over a tarp and other supplies. Might be one of the worst things I have seen on this show.
[/COLOR]
I can understand his decision. He was trying to be fair to
the women who would have given him a lot of shit if he
didn't pick comfort.

Women and guys think differently. The fact the women
are doing Yoga rather than collecting firewood is the
perfect example, me thinks.

Michelle Schmid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michelle Holloway
Women and guys think differently
Very true. The second he picked the "comfort" over "function" I told my (16yo) daughter the women on his tribe will be happy, and all the men will be pissed. Cut to the reaction shot and that's exactly what happened. However, as much as we might love our fluffy pillows, in a game like this neither of us would have picked the "comfort." We'd both have gone for the tarp & pots/pans. We figure we'll be far more comfortable if we're fed & dry than starving and wet w/a soggy pillow!

Was it only women doing yoga? I thought I remember seeing at least one guy there, but don't remember for sure and have already deleted it from the DVR. In any case, nothing wrong with yoga--as long as the work is already done.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Nah. There was one guy doing yoga (in black briefs).

Can't tell ya who he was, though, because we haven't spent enough time yet with the members of that particular tribe.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I think both Brett and Dave were doing yoga.

Shambo (who I'm not very fond of) definitely overreacted to that--her comments were the only indication that Galu is doing anything short of thriving (well, as much as you can on Survivor).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think it's funny to hear Black Russell make threats in his high-pitched voice, plus Black Russell voted to boot Yaz as well.

Monica has really good facial features, and a nice, natural bikini bod.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Monica has a very beautiful body.

So happy that Yazmin was the first to go home from the
Galu tribe. Intellect level on the show should start inching
forward from this point forward.

I am kind of thinking that the person who is going to walk
away as the the Survivor is Erik. Guy has kept his cool,
is well liked, and finding the hidden idol isn't hurting his
chances either.

Speaking of which...is it getting that obvious these days
where they hide the idol? Two contestants this year
have found them both on their own --- although Erik did
have a clue.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein

Speaking of which...is getting that obvious these days
where they hide the idol? Two contestants this year
have found them both on their own --- although Erik did
have a clue.
Completely. The hiding places have obviously become too predictable and the simple fact that HIIs exist and that clues are being handed out has become way too predictable.

The producers are going to have to give this some careful thought and try to keep things "fresh" without making them "ridiculous" as they seem to have done with some of the challenges.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I remember the year that Yul found it. He wasn't the first one to try, people had spent hours and hours on exile island digging holes and had not found it. He went out there, read the clues, used some simple math, and found it right away. I'd prefer they go back to actually having to use something other than "find the spookey ole tree and look under it"

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Compared to earlier seasons with the HII, it appears the producers are just giving it away. There was a time when you wouldn't be able to find it without three or four clues -- it was in Gabon when Sugar (!) found it with 2 clues that it was apparent they wanted to introduce the HII as early in the game as possible, and that trend has continued. I think the possibility of someone finding it without clues was in the back of their mind when they hid them.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
When they first started the idol, the clues were virtually worthless at first because they were just like "It's not on the ground" or "The idol is back at your camp." A new clue would be provided in addition with each Exile visit, but the first person to go there basically had nothing to go by.

The best format for idol clues was in Micronesia and Gabon, where you received a clue...to the next clue, then the next, and so on. It didn't matter if you were sent there first, or fifth, or whatever; you had the same chance of finding it. I don't understand why they reverted to the old format...but not only that, they've totally simplified the clues. In Tocantins, an early clue literally said that the idol could be found where they retrieve Tree Mail...it was that specific.

I'd like to see the idol take a break for a season or two to be honest--Tocantins was a pretty mediocre season but one of the good things about it was that the idols were totally inconsequential.

That said, I've been reading about S20...and it looks like there might be some good idol moments to look forward to in that season.

mike caronia

Second Unit
How come Foa Foa didn't get to send a tribe member to Galu?
Pretty unfair they didn't get a glimpse of their camp atmosphere.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks