What's new

Survivor: Pearl Islands (2 Viewers)

Richard Gilmore

Stunt Coordinator
"A bearded man?" They all have beards! That spoiler can be used for every Survivor from here to eternity.

Congrats to Sandra who actually played the game. Lil was pitiful, worse than Jon. The game played her - she had no strategy at all, just luck and whining. She did make a $900,000 mistake but it was no surprise to me - the woman was dumb as a rock (but she could squat like hell).

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
"A bearded man?" They all have beards! That spoiler can be used for every Survivor from here to eternity.
True, but it assured that the F3 were not all women. Though some doubted the information after the spa reward, thinking the source saw that. But it seems maybe they were right.

Chris

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
On a side note, I'm sure there are alot of steamed people in Virginia. Our local CBS, WDBJ, had a transmitter go out around 7:50pm or so, and didn't come back on-line until well after 11pm. Something about a power failure at the transmitter and a backup generator failure. Luckily we have sat. feeds from New York and got to see it. God bless living in a 'white zone'. :D

Chris

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
TG Sondra won, she has class, Lill wouldn't know how to spell it.
Sondra won, Lil probably could not spell it, but Sondra does not have class. Her ideas about sabotaging the tribe when things were not going her way were proof of that. She played well enough, and despite letting her emotions get the better of her when she cast a vote for Jon that could have sealed Rupert's fate, she was particularly skillful during the Q&A at the last tribal council. How someone could observe her and think that she's a classy individual, I don't know, though.

Regards,

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"Don't you hate it when people talk about themselves in the 3rd person? " That really killed brentl when Lil did that:)

Lil really seemed to take her time when answering her questions before the final vote. I really think that may have contributed to her downfall if only because her answers seemed way to concentrate way to much on damage control. Sandra seemed to reply off the hip, and seemed much more truthful in her answers.

Great ending, but the reunion never seems to hold up!

Brent

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
You have to wonder how the Survivor screening process can find folks like Lill to be on the show. At this point in time, you'd think a lot of people would at least know what Survivor is all about (with 7 season now in the past 4 years), but amazingly enough the producers find enough contestants that have really no clue what the game is all about, but seem to get a clue half way into the process.

Ning Wong

Stunt Coordinator
I am so glad that Lil lost.

She is an idiot and she just crys at everything.

She also screwed herself over by picking Sandra, and then answering the questions like a total idiot.

Sandra did a great job, and she didn't really make any enemies, except for Jon...i find it amazing taht she was never a target on the parchment!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I was just happy that Jon didn't win it. I was hoping for Darrah in the end though.

I thought both Lil and Sandra gave good answers at the TC. They were both rather truthful and didn't paint themselves as "playing an honest game" and all that crap. I think Sandra got the votes simply because she was seen as being more into the game and taking an active part (even if that activity consisted of mostly deflecting votes).

One thing that Sandra said that was supposed to be criticism of Lil was that each and every one of the TC jury members were there because of Lil. When she said that, I was like "shouldn't that be seen as PRAISE for Lil and how she played?" :)

IMO, Lil played a better game than Sandra, but I also found her incredibly annoying. However, Sandra's vengeful attitude towards her teammates left a sour taste in my mouth. At least Jon's actions were driven by a desire to win, her talk about hiding stuff at the camp were just driven by jealousy and smallmindedness. I did not think she was "classy" by any stretch of the imaginaiton.

It was interesting how when at the reunion show they talked about Jon's lie about his dead grandma, nobody seemed to object too much, they all seemed to think that it was OK to lie about that. I guess that's what "Survivor" does to you. :)

I don't understand the seemingly universal love for Rupert. I don't care if he was bullied as a kid, he just comes off as incredibly self-centered and bullyish himself. I can't stand him.

I wish Jeff Probst would have hosted the reunion shows for seasons 1 - 4 too, he does a great job of asking the right questions and setting the right tone.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
The two people that I absolutely did not want to see in the final 2 ended up being there. Ughh. John was stupid at the last immunity challenge. There is a time to talk and there is a time to shutup and concentrate. He could have won that if he would have planted himself correct and concentrated. Another thing with challenges like that is why do they always keep their shoes on? Water, wood, and wet leather do not go well. If they would have gone barefoot they could have wrapped their toes between the planks for more stability and better traction barefoot.

I don't understand the seemingly universal love for Rupert. I don't care if he was bullied as a kid, he just comes off as incredibly self-centered and bullyish himself. I can't stand him.
Ditto. I couldn't stand him. He was as much of a baby as Lil was.

Probst didn't do his usual dramatic entry into the live show that they've done in the past though and they didn't show a teaser for the next survivor like they always do.

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Rupert seemed VERY happy & upbeat. Since the all-star just wrapped up last Friday, I am thinking that Rupert did better in the All-star and maybe even made it to the final 2 this time.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
One thing that Sandra said that was supposed to be criticism of Lil was that each and every one of the TC jury members were there because of Lil. When she said that, I was like "shouldn't that be seen as PRAISE for Lil and how she played?"
That's what Tijuana said and that's why she voted for Lil. I think that Lil is getting too much credit there. She was the deciding vote in most of those but she was only voting how Jon was telling her to vote. Jon should be the one getting the credit for getting rid of all of those people, not Lil.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't watch, but remember the whole Osten drama from the news. Was Osten at the finale/reunion? Was he mentioned at all?

OliverT

Stunt Coordinator
Despite the impromptu poll done on the Reunion show I think that Lill would have lost to Jon as well. Jon had it set up perfectly...have everyone thing that nobody can beat Lill when in reality almost anyone would beat her AND have everyone think that anyone could beat him. Neither were true.

The one thing he couldn't really control and that was perhaps set in motion by Jeff at the previous TC was that Lill would think that she was going to win and therefore was merely going to decide on who she thought deserved 2nd place money. Her choice was Sandra and I am a bit suprised that Jon didn't hammer her with the fact that she was going to lose to Sandra. Tell her - if you don't choose me I'll vote for Sandra to win and I'll sway my bud Burton's vote as well for a guaranteed 4-3 (or worse) loss. In other words, if you don't choose me I can guarantee you won't win. Seems like that might have worked.

OT

WillG

Senior HTF Member
but the reunion never seems to hold up!
That's my issue as well. You always think the reunion show is going to be great because people will get told off and things like that. But by then, they've been off the island for a while and emotions and sentiments (or lack thereof) subside quite a bit. I think what they should do is right after the final vote at the last tribal council, they should show everyone "Greatest Hits" footage of the contestants showing the lies and proposed betrayls, film that and show some of that at the reunion. I think then you would get some good, honest, heat of the moment reaction.

Jake Gove

Second Unit
The one thing he couldn't really control and that was perhaps set in motion by Jeff at the previous TC was that Lill would think that she was going to win and therefore was merely going to decide on who she thought deserved 2nd place money. Her choice was Sandra and I am a bit suprised that Jon didn't hammer her with the fact that she was going to lose to Sandra. Tell her - if you don't choose me I'll vote for Sandra to win and I'll sway my bud Burton's vote as well for a guaranteed 4-3 (or worse) loss. In other words, if you don't choose me I can guarantee you won't win. Seems like that might have worked.
Lill said herself that she KNEW she wouldn't win because she was an outcast. I think she definitely would have lost to Jon, despite what they said on the reunion show. She picked Sandra because she felt Sandra was a better person to win the money.

Sandra winning this edition of Survivor is a lot better than Jenna winning the last one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks