What's new

Survivor - Nicaragua - season 21 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The filming is typically finished before the first episode airs each season. Jimmy Johnson is on Fox Football Sundays, so he can't just be in seclusion for the length of this season.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ron: That entire season is in the can--save the live finale.

They usually are already onto shooting the next season by the time the live finale of the previous season airs.

I am very surprised to hear that he's talking much about it. I guess it depends upon what he's saying. As long as he's only commenting on what has aired, it's okay.

I suppose it's good that reality shows feature people like Naonka occasionally. They exist. They are real. And they need to be dealt with on a daily basis.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Hanson Yoo

Interesting... had Russell Hantz said the exact same things as NaOnka, some of the people in this thread would be falling over themselves with delight. Personally, if NaOkna wasn't there, life at La Flor would be an endless montage of Fabio stepping on rakes. That tribe is actually quite boring otherwise. Between Purple Kelly, Benry, and Sash, there is zero personality. And I think there are two or three other people in that tribe I can't even recollect.

Looks like the editors built up Jimmy Johnson as a tribe leader, but from the way the votes shook down, it appears he wasn't as well regarded as they made it out to be. Dan is easily as useless as Jimmy J was in the challenges, but most of the tribe went along with the vote to get rid of JJ. Watching Marty's reaction when he offered the HII to the tribe was priceless -- he was so pained and embittered that I was laughing my ass off. Which also means that Jill is the puppet master of Espada. Marty is simply her figurehead.

A lot of people thought Russel was fun because he outwitted people and played a smart, crafty game... was it "villainous" Absolutely. But Russel convinced people to make their choices and go along with him. If Russel had went above and beyond to do something to another contestant, NO ONE would have defended him. Imagine Russel pushing down an older contestant to steal from her. No way would that happen, it's too brash, too open, and it's a scummy move. Naonka openly said she pushed over Kelly because she knew she could knock her off her balance with the artificial limb. And then she offered to BURN IT if she got in her way.

Russel let other people decide to go along, and he convinced them with cunning. Like it or not, that's a strategy. Brutalizing people or and openly destroying food, etc. is not a strategy, it's just being an asshat.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I saw Kelly giving as good as she got. Wrestling for the HII clue is not unprecedented -- NaOnka is just lucky Colby wasn't the arbitrator this time around.

And she wasn't destroying the food to cause the tribe discomfort -- the bananas were accidental bystanders in the struggle for the clue. It's not like she burnt socks or poured out canteens or buried a machete just to cause strife. I mean, that's asshat.

And aside from finding poorly hidden HII's and being a bully, there wasn't a whole lot of clever strategy from Mr. Hantz. He was interesting for all of the outrageous things he would say.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Hanson Yoo

I saw Kelly giving as good as she got. Wrestling for the HII clue is not unprecedented -- NaOnka is just lucky Colby wasn't the arbitrator this time around.

And she wasn't destroying the food to cause the tribe discomfort -- the bananas were accidental bystanders in the struggle for the clue. It's not like she burnt socks or poured out canteens or buried a machete just to cause strife.

And aside from finding poorly hidden HII's and being a bully, there wasn't a whole lot of clever strategy from Mr. Hantz. He was interesting for all of the outrageous things he would say.

She gave as good as she got after she was knocked to the ground! I mean, what are you going to do when someone busts you to the ground?

Actually, Russel's social game is seriously under-appreciated. Russel managed to convince a whole lot of players, even in All Star to go along with him. He got the votes to oust Rob. He convinced other players that like him or not, he knew who needed to go. And he kept allies until the end.

I get that people didn't like him, that's fine. But he and NaOnka, though both definitely villains, are two radically different things. When Hantz burned socks, no one knew. She steals in open and flaunts it and yell it's how it should be.

There is a big difference between crafty-evil and just plain stupid evil play.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Naonka is just a walking stereotype. She thinks she's entitled to everything. In her mind, stealing someone elses socks because you can't find your own is normal and there's nothing wrong with it. She's not entertaining, she's annoying, I don't enjoy watching her as a villian with all the head bobs and slang. No thanks.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
NaOnka is The Soup material.

BTW, I did laugh out loud when she said that the clue was worth a million dollars. Because there was no way in hell anyone at La Flor would figure it out.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
[SIZE= 18px]Post edited by Moderator.[/SIZE]

Mikey:

As a longtime member of the forum...you should know this rule by now.

Mike Frezon

4. No politics or religion. We do not permit the discussion of politics or religion at HTF. However, there is a narrow exception to this rule. If the subject matter of a movie or television show includes politics and/or religion, then they may be discussed insofar as they pertain to that specific movie or television show. We stress, however, that such discussions are carefully monitored and will be moderated if it appears that any participant is using this narrow exception to introduce a broader political or religious discussion than is warranted by the movie or television show under discussion. Also, anyone who has not seen a particular movie or television show is disqualified from discussing its political and/or religious content under this rule.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Usually I tend towards similar reactions as Hanson, but on this one we are world's apart. There is nothing "interesting" to me about Nonka, she is crass, and ultimately stupid. It is all about the votes and she is signing up for lots of "bad" votes (to get booted) and all but guaranteeing no "good" votes (if she manages to survive that long).

Here is hoping she leaves real soon.

Oh yeah - Marty is a moron

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It's all fine, let Naonka continue to act this way, she's playing the dumbest game she can and as a result she will cost herself 1,000,000 clams.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Pop psych time:

The other Jimmy was so insistent that Jimmy J should be gone because he craved Jimmy's approval and never got it so he got rid of the father figure who disappointed him.

Marty was so insistent that Jimmy J gone because he, Marty, felt inferior to Jimmy J and was terrified that others would see him as such.

Jimmy J made clear in the closing credits (where the music mix is still too loud) that he was ready to go. Too hard.

Everyone else voted for Jimmy J just to go along (although some may have been swayed at the last moment by Jimmy's honest assessment at the TC that he was a weak link).

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

OK, for those of you younger than my 43 years or those who just know everything, can anyone tell me what the hell that means? I know in my house my wife will be dancing jigs when Nabonga gets booted. And I hope she goes down hard - I hope she gets blindsided so we can see that cocky expression change as her name is announced again and again. I hope she gets all ghetto.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
in the closing credits (where the music mix is still too loud)

This is befuddling each season. Why, oh why, are they getting this so wrong?!? What can it be about this thirty seconds of television that makes it hard to get right?

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Paul D G

...there is the satisfaction that NaOnka will never be able to figure out the clue herself.

I was thinking the exact same thing when they showed her trying to read it. I don't think she could figure it out if they left her dumb ass on the island for 5 years.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
So, this week's episode had some very high and low points.

Let's start with the low point.

Naomi obtaining the hidden immunity idol.

Let's face it. This girl is trash. Every time she opens her

mouth I'm in disbelief of what comes out of it. For starters,

taking the credit for figuring out and finding the idol. That

credit absolutely goes to Brenda who was smart enough to

figure out the clue. My only hope is that when it comes
time for her tribe mates to vote her out (and some are

disgusted with her already), Naomi feels secure enough
not to use that idol.

...and stop talking about Kelly B's leg. That's just plain

wrong. I think Kelly has been a huge sport and inspiration

to the rest of the team. Why go there.

The highlight of tonight's show? The voting out of Jimmy T.

While I realize that Dan is a burden on the group, I think

Jimmy had become a loose cannon. It became very tiresome

to hear how much he felt he could contribute to the group

when obviously he wasn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks