Survivor: Gabon - Season 17

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Mike Frezon, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood Producer

Yes, but can we get back to talking about Survivor?

2. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Gosh, Ron...

Imagine if you had missed it all together? Before there was the technology to automatically record it for you?!? [​IMG] That would have sucked!

[​IMG]

3. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    I mean, what the heck was that show doing on a Sunday night?

They sure did very little to promote that fact as far as I saw.

4. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

You wouldn't be the first fan to get caught by that.

I guess they figure Sunday night is the easiest to program three consecutive hours of a single program?!? I dunno.

But they've been doing it this way for a long time.

5. RAF

RAF Lead Actor

Also, Sunday Night programming on CBS is one of the biggest crap shoots in DVR programming, especially during the football season. Not very many NFL games end on time so the entire nightly schedule (at least here on the East Coast) gets pushed back accordingly. You have to set up to record at least the next show after the one you want to record to catch it all.

On a related matter, that's why THE AMAZING RACE is so difficult to schedule. Its 8-9pm (EST) showing is hardly ever on time. And I already have two programs scheduled to record at 9pm on Sundays so I have to rely on a different DVR to capture everything I want.

CBS is the worst offender in making it a royal pain to set up DVR programming on a consistent basis.

6. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer
    Supporter

Thankfully on the West Coast everything starts on time. That fact and 10am Sunday morning football are two great reasons to live at here.

7. Paul D G

Paul D G Screenwriter

Yep. One of the few things I miss about living on the West Coast was no delay for Amazing Race. It is always 30m late (sometimes more). So why can't they schedule the football games for an extra 30m? If it was more random I'd understand, but I have to set the DVR to record for a full two hours to watch TAR.

Re: Survivor - in the spring, during Basketball season, watch out for the move to Wednesday night for a week or two...

8. Brent M

Brent M Producer

No kidding. I missed the final 30 min. of the reunion show because the football game ran long and I had to watch it online the next day. [​IMG]

9. Michael Henry

Michael Henry Second Unit

J. Michael Henry
    I would LOVE to see a season of survivor with celebs in it - all playing for charity...

10. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Did anyone notice there was no car challenge this season?!?

D'ya suppose it was just a lack of sponsorship...or a calculated decision by the producers to eliminate it ("curse" and all...)?

11. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Cinematographer

Probably no sponsor wants to touch the show after the ugliness of the Dreamz/Yau-man incident. There wasn't one in China or Micronesia either.

12. Brent M

Brent M Producer

Long-time Survivor fans will get a kick out of this. I'm on vacation down in Naples, FL. and today when I was leaving the beach to walk back to my car I see a guy that looks EXACTLY like Johnny Fairplay. I thought "nah, that wasn't him", but before I get to my car there's an SUV parked a couple spots behind me with Virginia plates that read FAIRPLA. So, I guess that's my big celebrity sighting for this trip. [​IMG]

13. ActionMan

ActionMan Auditioning

I am a huge Diane Lane fan as well! Came across this lady who briefly appeared in the indie film iMurders who looks a lot like her IMHO... I think her name is Brandi Love?

[​IMG]

I found this on a photo gallery here.. nsfw >>