What's new

Survivor Gabon: HTF Top 10 Challenge: ***WINNER(S) AND PRIZE POSTED HERE *** (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
You don't get any points added to your score (which is "good") if Susie went home, as you pile up points when your other picks get dismissed "prematurely" in the overall game.

mike caronia

Second Unit
RAF...giving me the jinx!!! haha

The first of the onion falls with Marcus..can Charlie and Corinne survive without him?!
Imagine a final 4 with Crystal, Sugar, Susie and Randy?
That would be hysterical.
Randy would possibly chop them with a machete for their incredible lack of skills. ha

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I would have absolutely no problem with continuing these Survivor Challenges without any "prizes" (as it is, 25% of us aren't eligible under the rules and it's only for bragging rights). It's just that with the spectre of "spoilers" in a contest that involves a non-current event - all bets would be off (in a manner of speaking).

As to the rules question posed by Mike F. (and already answered by Patrick): When a person who gets voted off is not on your top ten you don't receive ANY points. While this seems weird at first, remember that if Suzie is there, that means that someone you picked for the top ten ISN'T, so you've already taken a major (probably) point hit with that. This, to me, makes the contest even more intriguing. It's a lot closer than the current scores indicate. For example, those with four entrants gone already not only have a high total at this point but four "get out of jail free" cards. There are four "zeroes" in their future. The only other way to get a zero is to correctly predict a contestant's demise position. As the contest progresses, the gap will, therefore, shrink. The real premium in this contest is not to pick the top ten, but to pick the order of finish.

That's why these contests remain competitive down to the final weeks in most cases.

Yogi said it best, "It ain't over 'til it's over!"

:laugh:

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Another "bombshell" elimination as this week's episode kicked off another cast member who was a heavy favorite among many of our group.

What next?

;)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So there they were...voting for the #9 slot of elimination...and their choice was Crystal (my #9!)...or Charlie (my #1!)

You can imagine my cry of anguish when it turned out Sugar listened to Ken and voted against Charlie...

:D

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
A most interesting episode, and one of the funniest ones yet when all was said and done. We now have a co-leadership between TonyD and mike caronia at 16.5 points with several others breathing down their necks.

Stay tuned....

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Another member favorite bites the dust and mike caronia holds onto a slim lead by virtue of the fact that this week's evictee wasn't on his list!

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Tonight is the next to last episode of this season with the finale on Sunday. At this point we are ready to announce the (sur)prize package that will be going out to our winner.

The lucky person will receive the following DVDs:

Courtesy of Lionsgate...
1. Roberto Rosselini Directors' Series 2 disc set (SD)
2. The Man Who Came Back (SD)

Courtesy of Anchor Bay...

3. Comic Books Unbound (SD documentary)

And courtesy of Paramount...

4. Kung Fu Panda (Blu-ray)
5. The Sum of All Fears (Blu-ray)
6. Hot Rod (Blu-ray)

All the above information has been provided by my co-moderator Adam Gregorich who coordinates our DVD distribution. As soon as the contest is over I'll be contacting the winner for complete shipping details.

Enjoy!

mike caronia

Second Unit
Very cool! Thanks to all at the HTF.
Especially RAF for keeping the pool updated every week. Good man!
I have a slight lead...but don't think I can win with the people I have left..

Just rooting for a Sugar win because I find her sweet!

blech.....did I just write that?!! :D

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
It's still a horse race with three people within 3 points of each other. The 4th and 5th spot are currently held by two "ineligible" participants (only in it for the glory and all that) so the "real" 4th place members are 13.5 points behind the current leader TonyD.

In the final episode almost anything can happen. It all depends who you have and in what position.

Down the stretch they come!!!....
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

mike caronia

Second Unit
Damn you Dheiner!!! Sugar was robbed!
I wanted Kung Fu Panda!!!!
lol

Congrats man.
I think you won by 2 points.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

As the Monopoly Card says mike, "Bank Error in your Favor!"

You miscalculated. Dheiner ended up in third place at 33.0 points. You and NYSandy ended up tied for first at 32.5 points. And the good news is, as my "significant other" Sandy is not eligible for any prizes. Therefore, pending verification of the results (see below) the DVD package (including Kung Fu Panda on Blu-ray) will be coming your way shortly. Please e-mail me you particulars (mailing address, etc.) at

[email protected]

so that I can set the wheels in motion.

Important Note: I would appreciate it if all concerned will check the results that are posted in the first message of this thread (including the link to the tally spreadsheet) to make sure that my calculations and entires are correct. If any of you think that there are any errors (especially in the calculation of the winner) please let me know ASAP. If I don't hear anything to the contrary by Tuesday 12/16/08 at 8:00pm EST I will declare the results official! Thank you.

One final note: As mentioned elsewhere, this will be our last HTF Top Ten Challenge with prizes for Survivor. Because of the non-current nature of the show (the events take place several months before the episodes air - with the exception of the final show) more and more information leaks out on the internet and might give some people a leg up on the competition (not that I'm accusing anyone here of such actions.) To keep things above reproach, we will not be offering prizes in the future for Survivor Challenges. However, based on the interest shown here I am willing to continue to offer an "informal" tally for bragging rights if we get a significant number of entries.

However, our next HTF Top Ten Challenge WITH PRIZES will start early in 2009 with the next American Idol! Because that competition is held on a "live" basis there is very little if any way for information to be obtained prior to the weekly eliminations. Look for an upcoming announcement in a few weeks once the contestants are identified after
auditions.

Until then, Happy Holidays!

mike caronia

Second Unit
Woah! Sorry Dheiner. And thanks.
Math actually was one of my better subjects in school all those years ago...I may need a refresher.

Thanks RAF (e-mail on the way!)! And HTFers who make this a fun pool!

And even without prizes, I hope this pool continues, it makes watching the show even more tense! ha

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

mike,

Did you send me an e-mail? If so, I never received it. Let me know.

mike caronia

Second Unit
PM sent RAF. Sorry about that.
I had sent an e-mail before I went out west....my blackberry obviously stinks. ha
Just got back from a week in San Francisco and had some trouble getting back here to NY...glad that I even got home for the holiday. Many of my friend's flights were delayed until x-mas.

Thanks again.
Happy holidays to all!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks