What's new

Survivor: Fiji (1 Viewer)

MikeM

Screenwriter
It could have been creative editing, but right when Stacy said those comments, they showed Yau's face (and even Earl's) and both had a puzzled look, signaling that something wasn't right. Again, it could have been a moment taken out of context, but I don't think it was. It looked like Yau knew immediately what was up.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
I have wanted Dreamz to win from the beginning, because for some strange reason, I really like him. He's definitely not the brightest bulb, and he should have simply kept his mouth shut. Don't tell Yau that you're not stupid and you know what's up. Let Yau continue to think you're very stupid so he doesn't get nervous and play the HII which you already know he has.

But Stacy takes the cake. If she had simply kept her stupid mouth shut at Tribal Council, she'd be there another week, Yau would be gone and the HII wouldn't have had a chance to be played. I definitely think Stacy's ridiculously stupid comments is what gave Yau the final bit of information he needed to play the HII. I never liked Stacy because of how she treated Dreamz and Cassandra earlier in the game, but damn, that is just STUPID.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Especially since they made it look like she had Earl completely buffaloed with her "I accept my fate" speech after Boo won immunity. Great sales pitch...but, she couldn't close the deal.

Alex S

Second Unit
Earl is going to be pissed at Cassandra for voting for Yau.
Boo is going to be the swing vote next week with Earl and Yau on one side and Cassandra and Dreamz on the other.
I would like to see Yau, Earl or Boo win.

MikeM

Screenwriter
Earl should show everyone he has the idol so he can't be voted for next wekk...then give it to Yau to play. The others left over are too stupid to think ahead and think that Earl would actually give it to Yau, and still make the difficult vote for Earl after seeing him show the idol.

Then even if Boo flips and goes again with Dreamz and Cassandra and it's 3 against 2, Yau and Earl move on, and likely Cassarda goes home next week.
If Cassandra happens to win immunity, it's Boo going home.

That's just my guess for next week.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
^^^
Same here. But I'm about equal on those 2. Next would be Dreamz and then Boo. The 2 ladies don't deserve to win.

That was a really good episode, one of the best I can remember seeing. Very exciting, with Yau-man doing some interesting things.

Congrads on Dreamz for getting the truck but still staying smart with the game. He remembered it's a game and quickly realised what Yau-man was doing.

Congrads on Yau-man for using that damn idol! And congrads on the editors for making me squirm in my chair waiting for that dude to stand up!!

And congrads on Boo for saving himself. Great stuff!

I'd be interested in knowing about the stuff with STacey at the end. I was yelling at the screen to "shut up you blabber-mouth bitch!!!" :D

Great point Mike. Earl giving the idol to Yau-man. I totally agree that would blindside those pathetic players. Earl and Yau-man as final 2 is meant to be!!!

OH, was anyone else thinking Earl and Yau-man should make a pact that they will share all the winnings? That would rock! And could be a shocker of the moment in the show's history. Man! I hope that happens. :emoji_thumbsup:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
A note. Several here are saying "next week" and such and such. The finale is this Sunday Night. Not next. I've missed them before. It ain't fun to try to find it on bittorrent like I had to a couple of times. Once I was looking for it and someone had a file on there with a complete spoiler of who won. Can you believe that? There's some real snakes out there. Andy Kaufan style humor. :P

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Yau and Earl could possibly go down as the greatest players ever in this game.

I don't see how. To be considered the greatest, someone should at least win the season he's on, and since it's not possible for both of them to win, only the winner should even be considered among the greatest. We don't even know that one of those two will win.

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
I'm not sure the greatest players are always the winners. Survivor has always included luck in the mix and some players benefitted and others were ruined despite their attributes. In the recent years I've watched I'd place Tom from Palau (arguably the strongest all around player I've seen) and Yul from last year as winners and first-rate players. Even though they didn't win, I'd want Ozzie from last year (the best challenge player I've ever seen), Terry (supreme physical threat, mentally tough, disciplined) and Cirie (master of human gamesmanship) from two years back to be on my all-star team.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Cirie?!?! :eek: Wow. But that's one of the strengths of the show, I guess. A little something for everyone. I found her to be an extremely lucky player with little actual idea of how to really "play."

But I agree, Stephen, that not all great Survivors players are the winners.

I think Brian (Thailand winner) would be on a list of great players...along with Rob Mariano. those are a couple that come to mind. I'm still amazed Richard Hatch understood the game so well--having participated in it's first season. Rob Cesternino was a good player...but I don't think I'd put him in the category of "great." Totally agree on Tom, Terry & Yul. Tough physically as well as mentally.

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
Mike, if you go back and review the season, you'll see that Cirie went from being an outsider on the block to go home early, to the mother hen of the tribe always aware of the position of everyone in the tribe. If I'm not mistaken everyone she voted against in tribal went home, often carefully aided and abetted by her actions. All this and she never alienated anyone. She was never in the outs or minority of any decision.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Understood. My impressions may be tainted by the fact I found her completely annoying. She would definitely be on my All-Annoying Team! ;) But I also thought of her as someone who never really knew what she was doing...but just happened to find herself in the right place at the right time.

I never thought of her as a "player"--that is, someone who had a plan and was working a strategy to make their way through the game.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
My personal list of the best players ever (one or two per season):
-Rich (S1, Winner): Invented the game pretty much.
-Greg (S1, 9th place): I firmly believe that if this guy had actually wanted to win, he could've done it very, very easily. His goal was more or less to make a mockery of the show though, but I still think he could've been one of the smartest players ever...and maybe he was.
-Tina (S2, Winner): Best social game ever.
-Colby (S2, 2nd place): He and Tom are the epitome of players who were physically dominant yet also strong strategists. Near-perfect game for 40 days before he gave away the win.
-Teresa (S3, 5th place): My personal pick for best player never to win. She was screwed at almost every single point in the game through the actions of other players. She played pretty much every single card she had.
-Kelly (S3, 9th place): I'm probably biased here because she is absolutely my favorite contestant ever on the show (or any reality show). But she got completely screwed over again due to another person's error, and was the first person to actually try to flip the game around when things weren't going her way.
-Kathy (S4, 3rd place): Possibly the best social comeback game ever.
-Rob (S4, 10th place): For my money, he's a much better player in Marquesas than in All Stars. He still rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, but all of his confrontations happened for a reason the first time around.
-Brian (S5, Winner): Mr. Freeze...most merciless player ever and went to the final two with some even less likable.
-Rob (S6, 3rd place): The first person to making switching things up a regular aspect of his game.
-Jon (S7, 3rd place): Sort of like Rob C, only without the social game.
-Chris (S9, Winner): Definitely had more luck than probably any other winner, but he had a brilliant social game and the best jury performance ever.
-Tom (S10, Winner): The ideal winner for a lot of reasons--nice guy who excelled both physically and mentally.
-Ian (S10, 3rd place): Left on a controversial note but he was admittedly the more strategic of the pair compared to Tom.
-Rafe (S11, 3rd place): Near-perfect game for 36 days before he screwed up at the final four.
-Cirie (S12, 4th place): Sorry Mike! Definitely a come-from-behind game but she was definitely the best strategist since Rob C IMHO.
-Yul (S13, Winner): I'm hesitant to include him because without the hidden idol, he's 9th place but he used that major advantage smartly.

For S14...Earl and Yau-man for sure.

MikeM

Screenwriter
Interesting list, but Colby? He may have finished in the top two but to me he was one of the worst players of the game. He simply won every physical challenge. That's it. When it came down to him actually making a decision in the final three he completely blew it and lost $900k. He won the final three challenge, gets to bring along the player to be with him in the final two and he passes on picking the no-brainer cook guy that everyone hated to guarantee him the million dollar prize. Worst Survivor move EVER.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
So let me see if I have this straight:
Dreamz is an honourable person, and has given his word that he will give his immunity to Yau Man at final four.
Therefore, in order to demonstrate that he stands by his word, he tries to use a loophole to vote Yau Man early to avoid having to stand by his word.
All this, even though he is in a alliance with Yau Man and has already given his word to get Yau man to final-four, he breaks that word in order to potentially avoid having to break his word later.
Am I missing something?

Great episode, brilliant. The tension in the tribal council was intense - particularly since I genuinely did not know whether Dreamz had managed to swing the votes to Yau Man. When Yau Man used the idol, I was all tense, "Please let this not have been a wasted use" - and when Jeff pulled the third Yau Man vote out, I was out of my chair yelling in excitement.

And this is the thing I love about Survivor - you can never predict where it will go. People have talked a lot about how they have thought the first half of the season was dull - which it was - but with a show like Survivor, there is always the potential for a show to turn around and become great.

I cannot wait for the the finale.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> All this, even though he is in a alliance with Yau Man and has already given his word to get Yau man to final-four, he breaks that word in order to potentially avoid having to break his word later.

All he said was that IF they were both in the final 4 & he won immunity, he would give it to Yau. I don't think he promised to help get Yau to that point, or even not to vote against him, just to give him immunity in that round if he won it.

I don't know what you mean by "loophole": something that was not agreed on is not a loophole!

I think Yau's reason for giving away the truck was as much for looking good to the jury as well as karma, maybe more than the unlikely scenario the two agreed on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks