Survivor Caramoan (season 26) - Fans vs. "Favorites"

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

One screwed up dude. One emotionally stunted, extremely screwed up young man.

2. Stan

Stan Producer
    Supporter

I actually would have preferred Brandon staying and Phillip being voted out. Phillip is a complete nut job, hopefully he goes next. Scary that he was an FBI agent or whatever it was. How could somebody like him pass the psychological testing, background checks, etc. when he's so obviously screwed up. Total whacko who has somehow manipulated the rest of his tribe. Brandon gave the other tribe some very good advice, to get rid of Phillip. Hope it happens soon.

3. Stan

Stan Producer
    Supporter

I actually would have preferred Brandon staying and Phillip being voted out. Phillip is a complete nut job, hopefully he goes next. Scary that he was an FBI agent or whatever it was. How could somebody like him pass the psychological testing, background checks, etc. when he's so obviously screwed up. Total whacko who has somehow manipulated the rest of his tribe. Brandon gave the other tribe some very good advice, to get rid of Phillip. Hope it happens soon.

4. DaveHof

DaveHof Stunt Coordinator

I don't take Phlllip seriously or even see him as a bully. He's just another guy like Coach who thinks way too much of himself, and revels in getting to play his act to a captive audience of fellow island-dwellers. His tribemates are going along with his buffoonery and laughing at him behind his back. However, his social skills have admittedly improved since his last season, and he's been unexpectedly great in challenges. But if the Favorites go into the merge with numbers, he should be the first to go once they are forced to turn on each other.

5. Paul D G

Paul D G Screenwriter

From the interview with Probst above:
    And regarding Phillip, well, check this out: http://amzn.com/1480800171
    [​IMG]

6. Stan

Stan Producer
    Supporter

What a perfect description of Phillip. I've been trying to describe him to friends, but couldn't find the right words. You nailed it.

If he's the type of person hired on as "federal agents" we've got some major problems in this country.

I'm hoping the rest of his tribe realizes what a loon he really is and boots him out before the merge. Coach was always strange, but take Coach times four and it equals one Phillip. Apparently bringing back the "favorites" also includes bringing back the whack jobs.

7. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    I have a relative who could say they were a "federal agent" for the CIA.. but I wouldn't trust that person to make me toast because they are a flake. Having a job somewhere doesn't mean that you're doing a lot of work for them, it just means they employ you.

8. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Been a busy couple days with the HTF migration. Goodto be back in good company after watching SURVIVORthis morning.Philip continues to be entertaining, and I guess I was wrongabout what I said prior about after being told by Brandonthat he was being an idiot, that perhaps he would rethink someof the special agent rhetoric he has been spewing throughout the game. Nothing has changed.I am certain it was quite laughable for everyone to watch Philiptalk about his operation stealth program with Matt and Michael, and their attempts to show that they were taking his bullshit everso seriously. With this past week's reshuffling of the tribes, it plainly looks as if the GOTA tribe has the advantage of strength. They are going to be very difficult to topple moving forward until the eventual merge.Was not particularly happy to see Matt voted out. I liked him, and had actually preferred that one of the women went home instead.I am still sticking with Malcolm making it to the end of the game.

9. Stan

Stan Producer
    Supporter

Good job on the system change Ron. I've done many of them myself and they can be quite painful and time consuming.

Agree with your choice of Malcolm. If he just stays under the radar and plays well, he won't have to worry, the other players will slowly eliminate each other until it gets down to individual challenges which he will easily win.

Eddie or Reynold could pull it off, but I sense a little bit of resentment building within the other players. They're to impressed with themselves and think they have control of everything. Wouldn't be surprised to see one of them leave fairly soon.

10. Paul D G

Paul D G Screenwriter

Sorry about that massive picture of Philip in my last post. It was a more reasonable size on the old forum. I'd fix it but I don't see a way to edit an old post yet.

11. ChristopherG

ChristopherG Screenwriter

Chris
    I think you should leave it - every time I look at it I crack up laughing.

12. Stan

Stan Producer
    Supporter

Is that even real? Or just somebody having fun with Photoshop?

If it's real, it had to be a direct to video type of thing, maybe sold 100 copies to friends and relatives. I wouldn't even rent it if I came across a copy, you can just tell from the photo how cheezy the thing must be.

13. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

It's a book cover. Check Amazon.

14. Hugh Jackes

Hugh Jackes Supporting Actor

Hugh Jackes
  15. Stan

Stan Producer
    Supporter

Should have clicked on Paul's Amazon link before commenting.

Still pretty funny. Good for Phillip trying to stretch his 15 minutes of "celebrity" and make some cash on the side. Not a chance he'll win this game so it's smart to find another way to build the bank account.

16. ChristopherG

ChristopherG Screenwriter

Chris
    Phillip is a mess. "Yeah, I totally threw that challenge".

This season is pretty boring overall, at least for me anyway.

17. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    I am surprised Phillip is still in this. Then again, I should realize the
    show's manipulation techniques to portray him as the biggest problem
    in the tribe so that viewers think his dismissal is imminent.

18. Dheiner

Dheiner Gazoo
    Supporter

John Dhein
    I think Phil sticks around because everybody wants to sit next to him at final tribal.

19. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    If you didn't see the coming attractions for next week:
    Looks like the merge is next week.Too soon IMO, way too many players left and too soon after the tribe reshuffle for a merge.

I think this is going to be a huge mistake on their part.

20. Stan

Stan Producer
    Supporter

Definitely a mess. I don't know how he's got all his tribe members fooled, especially with his "I'm the leader" routine.

Totally amazed he didn't get a few votes, but like Ron said, this show is full of manipulation techniques, so we're only seeing what they want us to see.