What's new

Survivor Caramoan (season 26) - Fans vs. "Favorites" (1 Viewer)

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Originally Posted by Charlie Campisi
The 4 person couples alliance was much more of a threat than Shamar. They were a strong 4 with two strong guys and two women who looked like they could be athletes, plus they had an idol. First priority for the other fans who were comprised of oddballs and subject to fracture because of Shamar was to take out the "cool kids." Not to mention, the vote split, which was well calculated. They had just enough votes to cause the three way tie that results in two of the cool kids not being eligible to vote in the second vote and ensuring a majority to take out the player they wanted. They could not have afforded to wait another week or they would have lost the numbers to counter the HII.
All well and good, but in the end if you are decimated by the other tribe it really doesn't matter.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Like the dopey female scoutmaster before him from a few seasons ago, the worst part of Shamar is what a bad representative he is for the USMC. That's the real shame of it. They deserve better.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Dheiner said:
While winning certainly is not the only characteristic when I judge which players I enjoy/hate watching, when we start to discuss "greatest" or "best", I feel winning has to be the first consideration.
Not me. I like the personalities of those who have gone down in flames more so than many who held on. [VIDEO]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsqJFIJ5lLs[/VIDEO]

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
ChristopherG said:
All well and good, but in the end if you are decimated by the other tribe it really doesn't matter.
What does that even mean? They had to vote out somebody, so they broke up an alliance. They even managed to do it while keeping in the two cool guys and Shamar, which physically maintained their best chance to compete.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
What does that even mean? They had to vote out somebody, so they broke up an alliance. They even managed to do it while keeping in the two cool guys and Shamar, which physically maintained their best chance to compete.
They also kept their weakest player - thereby giving a challenge advantage to the other tribe. Laura is a huge liability in challenges where Hope was not. They aren't playing against the other tribe they are playing against each other. Really too early for that - they can keep breaking up alliances (3 episodes in) and end up losing every challenge to the favorites.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by ChristopherG
They also kept their weakest player - thereby giving a challenge advantage to the other tribe. Laura is a huge liability in challenges where Hope was not. They aren't playing against the other tribe they are playing against each other. Really too early for that - they can keep breaking up alliances (3 episodes in) and end up losing every challenge to the favorites.
This is what I keep thinking. When you're separate tribes you can't be playing against each other so early to wipe out the competition, because you will go into the merge very weak.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I don't see it that way at all. Yes, Laura is physically weak, but the difference between her and Hope in a tribe of 8 or 9 is virtually negligible. If they go into a physical challenge with the two cool dudes and Shamar, they have an advantage, no matter if Hope or Laura brings up the rear. Plus, since last season's shift to a single challenge each week for reward and immunity, almost all of the challenges have both a physical and puzzle component to them, making physicality important, but not the only focus. In those situations, I'd much rather have everyone on the same page. Laura's name wasn't even brought up. If the oddball alliance was going to overlook one of the cool kids and vote off one of their own, it was going to be Shamar. They managed to keep him and the other two guys, plus obtain some measure of tribe unity since the cool kids now have to get in line. Had they voted off Laura, they would have given power to the cool kids while also undermining the credibility within the oddball alliance. None of them would have trusted each other had they voted off Laura and the entire tribe would have been more likely to fracture into groups of 2s and 3s.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I don't see it that way at all. Yes, Laura is physically weak, but the difference between her and Hope in a tribe of 8 or 9 is virtually negligible. If they go into a physical challenge with the two cool dudes and Shamar, they have an advantage, no matter if Hope or Laura brings up the rear. Plus, since last season's shift to a single challenge each week for reward and immunity, almost all of the challenges have both a physical and puzzle component to them, making physicality important, but not the only focus. In those situations, I'd much rather have everyone on the same page. Laura's name wasn't even brought up. If the oddball alliance was going to overlook one of the cool kids and vote off one of their own, it was going to be Shamar. They managed to keep him and the other two guys, plus obtain some measure of tribe unity since the cool kids now have to get in line. Had they voted off Laura, they would have given power to the cool kids while also undermining the credibility within the oddball alliance. None of them would have trusted each other had they voted off Laura and the entire tribe would have been more likely to fracture into groups of 2s and 3s.
That is the beauty of being human - we get to look at things differently.
I think you are fooling yourself if you think that they have some measure of tribal unity. And you are missing the point on where the focus of competition should be at this stage in the game - it's against the other tribe. It only takes one weak link in a challenge to lose it - we have seen that over and over again. And, by the way, the fans have won exactly one challenge now and there has not been one "puzzle" challenge yet, they have all been extremely physical and or required physical skills:
Episode 1 "She Annoys Me Greatly"
Reward Challenge: Water Slaughter
Two members from each tribe would battle for a life ring. The tribe that gets one of their members to have a hand on the ring and one on their scoring pole scores a point. The first tribe that scores four wins reward. Immunity Challenge: It's a Long Way to the Top One by one in pairs, tribes have to make their way up a four story high tower. On each of the floors, the pairs will throw three crates down the tower to reveal sandbags. Once all four levels of crates have been thrown down, one pair will collect the sandbags and throw them into six holes. A flag will be raised when the holes are filled. Episode 2 "Honey Badger" Reward/Immunity Challenge: Plunge, Pull & Pop For this challenge, 9 contestants would compete. Three had to go on a raft, while three would pull a rope, which would get the raft through the water to a platform. At the platform is an underground cage with bamboo running through it. On the bamboo are 9 life preservers, in different parts of the cage. The survivors would have to go underwater and pull the bamboo to release the rings. Once all nine rings are collected, the three would be pulled back to shore on the rafts. The rings would then be used to be thrown on three poles. One ring per pole. The tribe who accomplishes this first wins Episode 3 "There's Gonna Be Hell To Pay" Immunity/Reward: Cell Block Sea Tribes have to race out to a bamboo cage. In the cage underwater is a heavy chest. they have to release the chest and take it back to shore. Once they are on shore, they will have to move the chest onto a platform by using grappling hooks. The first tribe to do so wins.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Shamar is a complete jerk. Probably heavily edited to manipulate our opinions, but I thought he was a goner when tribal council time happened. I still predict him as one of the earlier players to be voted off. The other alliances, although fractured will probably group together to get rid of him.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
. Plus, since last season's shift to a single challenge each week for reward and immunity, almost all of the challenges have both a physical and puzzle component to them, making physicality important, but not the only focus.
I really thought they had done away with the one combined challenge a week with the demise of Redemption Island, but I guess not. I much prefer the 2 challenges then to listen to the tribes squabble and "Strategize" for most of the episode.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Reynold reminds me of the head douchebag in a John Hughes movie (or any 80's movie about underdogs). He's got that look down cold.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
BTW, every week that I see Sherri on the show I am
somehow reminded of Sandra Bullock. Am I the only
one that sees a bit of similarity? I think it's in the eyes.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
My wife mentioned that. I resisted at first, but now we just call her "Sandra Bullock". She and Shemar are Survivor's version of The Blind Side.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Ronald Epstein said:
Oh wow.  cool.  So it isn't just me who noticed it.
Nothing personal, but I guess we all look at things with different eyes. Other than her being female, I don't see the slightest resemblance to Sandra Bullock. Possibly her smile, but never would have noticed it without reading this thread.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Originally Posted by Paul D G
Sandra Bullock with bad plastic surgery.
This is what I thought as well. Or perhaps a Sandra Bullock who has been ridden hard and put up wet who now can only look forward to starring in a "Real Wives of somewhere" installment. Hmm, I think I just made myself a little bit sad....

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
The Fans are doomed. I am kind of surprised that they had to go to Tribal since Shamar was removed from the game. Either way they figured out (too late), about who they really should have been competing against at this stage of the game. Hysterical when Shamar was celebrating a win for the reward challenge...

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Always seem that the people we loathe the most are taken out on medical.
What a grand way for Shamar to go. If it were more serious I would almost
feel bad for him, but I don't think there was one person in his tribe not sorry
to see him go.
What a lazy, pain-in-the-ass. Truly not representative of what a Marine is
all about.
Yes, the fans are doomed. Trying to figure out just who is going to finish
this game on top. I am certain it's going to be one of the favorites, and if
I had to pick that person it would be Malcolm. He came so close the last
time out, and I think he will probably win it this time 'round.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks