What's new

SURVIVOR 3 - comments (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Tom's question:

had something to do with a leopard coming into the tribe and eating the mush (that Kim cooked) and then walking back out and smelling his hind butt, the question is why?
Or something like that - it sort of made metaphorical sense as an attack on one of the final two.

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
Close Patrick:If you're a leopard and you eat the mush and following that, lick your ass, did you lick your ass out of instinct or to get rid of the taste of mush?
:laugh:

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Tom is just cracking me up...too funny! And I'm impressed how good the young women look all cleaned up...

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
Regarding the switch from Africa to Los Angeles, in Africa they announced right after the voting that the votes were to be sealed and the winner revealed in Los Angeles. If you watch after the last commercial break it was pretty obvious that they switched to LA - Ethan didn't have dreadlocks anymore. Additionally, the acoustics had changed.

-greg

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Wow! Survivor 4 will take place in:

the Marcasius(sp) Islands, where they won't be given food, water, or fire. They'll have to truly hunt/fish/fend for themselves this time around.

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
I can't wait for the next season! It seems as though it's going to be a really interesting one. Did they happen to mention when it will be airing?

I was really surprised by Bryant's comment regarding Amber... I can't believe he said that..wow.

P.s. You know, I'm not sure what it is about Survivor, but I can't seem to get enough of it. I couldn't care less about all the other "reality" TV shows...but there is just something special about Survivor.

GARY C

Second Unit
I like to also say a wow, not to the winner, but how well Lindsay cleans up.

It's nice to see the next on back on a island. I know they started shooting (might even be done already), does anyone know when it's going to air (month even)? I love this show. It's the only (well Eco-Challange also) reality show I love to watch.

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
The acoustics changed and thought it would be live now, then when I looked at KJ she looked way different so I knew there was a switch. The made them keep the same clothing too, that was a good touch.

Survivor 4 should be interesting, back to an island, NO FOOD at all being handed out. That should be a challenge.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else notice this?

Survivor 1 Kelly wins immunity, sits with Rich - Rich wins

Survivor 2 Colby wins immunity, sits with Tina - Tina wins

Survivor 3 Kim wins immunity, sits with Ethan - Ethan wins

I did not use spoilers because anyone coming into this thread, at this point, with the game over should already know who won or is looking for the answer.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Wow, no rations for the next Survivor. THAT will be interesting to say the least.

I've got to admit that I didn't notice the switch to LA. The cheering started and I thought that they were doing some sort of seamless transistion from Africa to LA but I had no idea that they were already in LA.

I'm glad that Ethan won but I have to say that his response to Brandon's question could have cost him big time.

I really hoped for the final two to be Lex and Ethan. I think that Lex played the game well and deserved to be there.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
>>I agree that Lex played well but he seemed to be a little controlling of the other tribe members. I may be wrong but I think that most would turn on him if he were in the final 2.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Lex has the truck and 3rd place money, that's good enough for him. People have to realize that the social component is what allows people like Kim Johnson and Tina Wesson to make it as far as they do (plus a lot of luck). Tom said it best when he casted his vote for Ethan in that enough was enough, Kim wasn't getting a free ride on the backs of Lex/Tom/Ethan anymore.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
As far as Ethan's answer to Brandon's question, why not say 'you'? he doesn't want to piss any of the women off, or anyone else, and Brandon's only 1 vote, plus it sounds like Ethan thought he knew he would get Brandon's vote going into it, as it sounds like Brandon doesn't like Kim that much. Turned out it backfired on him but he didn't need the vote anyways.

Who else voted for Kim?

Can't wait til next season, probably in the summertime like the first one. Looks like an attractive environment, I hope the characters' personalities are as strong/interesting/varied as they were here.

By the way, the thoughts that Africa wasn't as scenic as the others, I would have to disagree. Sure their fenced in area wasn't special, but I think the trips to town, interaction with the natives, the hike up the rocks, the challenge areas, and the animal dangers all made up for that, and more so. I would say that Survivor Outback was less 'scenic', although I hardly watched the show, I keep thinking to that episode where the river flooded their camps. It wasn't that appealing to me, and I don't remember theh animals and plantlife as I do here. Those acaicia (?) trees will stand out in memory. And although the tribal council area in S@ was supposed to be fantastic, above a waterfall (remembering back to the preview in S1's reunion show), you couldn't see the views, as it was dark everytime they went up there. Anyways, just a disorganized rant. I'd love to go to Africa. Or any of the locations for that matter. Looks like beautiful sealife in S4 tho.

My thursdays are now free to watch friends.

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
The transition between Africa and the studio was really well done. There was a "Previously Recorded" title that appeared on the screen that sort of gave me a clue they were in a studio, and it definitely looked to me like Kim J and Tom were a bit heavier. Definitely better than the obvious and cheesy set they had for the Australia finale.

I think Survivor 4 should be VERY interesting. There must be several really easy to collect food and water sources, otherwise they wouldnt have done the no rations thing, but at least the show will be more about surviving than the first 3 were. Did the Africa cast eat anything off the land? I didnt see it... any time they actually showed them eating, it was just the cornmeal mush. Those islands look really pretty, we should at least have some better scenery than Africa, which I was sort of dissapointed with.

Brian

Jon_B

Screenwriter
I'm very happy that Ethan won. :) The show proved to be inspirational to me. Nice guys can win. :emoji_thumbsup:
Kelly proved to be quite an interesting and emotional person in this last show. I wish she had not been voted off so soon.
I am excited to see Survivor 4. Some of the shots they showed of the island look quite extraordinary.
This has been a great thread. :emoji_thumbsup:
Jon

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
One of the talkng heads on our local CBS 11:00pm news commented that Survivor 4 would begin airing in February. Is that possible or is it likely that the program begins filming in February?

EDIT

I did some searching and found that Survivor 4 participants returned home on December 22. Looks like filming is complete. The show is scheduled to begin airing February 28th.

Marianne

Supporting Actor
Tom said it best when he casted his vote for Ethan in that enough was enough, Kim wasn't getting a free on the backs of Lex/Tom/Ethan anymore.
They took Kim along (in the early stages) because she was loyal to the alliance and because they thought she was weak and wouldn't get to the end. So they used her and it backfired on them!

Kim said she didn't think she would win over either Lex or Ethan in the final two - so she basically decided who should win the million. That's real power! I guess Lex must have pissed her off at some point. (Note: be careful who you piss off, it may cost you a million bucks.)

She may have been a liability to her tribe early on, and she didn't win any challenges for herself (except the two most important ones) but she did show a lot of endurance, both physical & mental.

Anyhoo, Ethan is really boring - Lex should have won!

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
plus it sounds like Ethan thought he knew he would get Brandon's vote going into it, as it sounds like Brandon doesn't like Kim that much.
Ethan had described Brandon as a swing vote earlier, so I don't think he was aware of whatever animosity Brandon had towards Kim. Considering that, it was not politically astute to antagonize Brandon, but it turns out he had votes to burn.
It was funny watching Kelly audition for the touring company of the Graduate under the pretense of explaining her choice of numbers.
It was funnier to see Tom's spelling of Ethan's name, "Eathen". :)
I still contend that all of the great strides Survivor made in debunking stereotypes about US Southerners with intelligent competitors such as Colby, Jeff, Rodger, & Tina from Survivor Two were wiped out by Big Tom. :)
Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks