What's new

SURVIVOR 3 - comments (1 Viewer)

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"Diane was probably trying to get the focus from her" exactly!
Clarence played it smart by playing it dumb! but how long until the other guy questions him about the 2 cherries he ate??
"goat man" what a moron !! Sure I'd be pissed, bu that diatribe(?) was one step below Sue hawk and her "I wouldn't give you water" scene!
WHY would they dump ANY water out!! Drink until your tummy aches!! you'll sweat it out during the walk!! I think thaty may come back to haunt them ...soon!
Brent L
------------------
OK guys ..... The tour of the Paradigm
plant is now being planned. GO TO THE HOME THEaTER
MEETS PAGE and register.

PhilipW

Second Unit
First off, don't ever, ever waste water in this show. How stupid can you be? Dump something else besides water. Did they think they would have a well or something to drink from.
Secondly, why did they have only two people carrying the "stretchers". Why not 4, 1 person on each handle if it was getting too heavy.
Thirdly, fire. Always know what you have available to work with. It took them a day and a half to look for something to start a fire with. Have they not watched the other two Survivors. I believe in the first Survivor didn't they create their own fire by using someone's glasses.
As far as the contestants:
Tom - what a hick. Even came off as slightly prejudice. The whole comment about "I'm not shaking hands the way you want to, if you want to shake my hand you'll do it like a real man".
Frank - Better simmer down on the attitude or he's going home quick. Notice when they celebrated the fire he was the only one not in the group hug. You don't want to exclude yourself this early in the game.
I think we'll probably see a women as the winner although I haven't come up with which one yet.
------------------

Matt_Stevens

Supporting Actor
Tom - what a hick. Even came off as slightly prejudice. The whole comment about "I'm not shaking hands the way you want to, if you want to shake my hand you'll do it like a real man".
I actually like this guy. He's like Rudy!
biggrin.gif

------------------
www.deceptions.net/superman

PhilipW

Second Unit
He may be like Rudy, but I don't think there is a Richard that is going to save his butt and make him shut up before getting voted off. Noticed he was the only one siding with Diane to vote off Clarence. Now I don't think anyone let Clarence (he seemed too surprised) in the group vote either, but I would assume that the other 5 have been talking to each other without Clarence and Tom.
------------------

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Very good show. I was thinking exactly what Patrick Sun has stated above (in fact, everything he posted). I also feel like Clarence was a bit of a fool to fall for Diane's cunning. It's pretty obvious that he fell into a trap that she set and baited for him. Then, in order to appear like the nice guy and not point fingers at the sick tired woman, he refrained from pointing out the lies. He was also probably feeling a little overwelmed with everyone coming down on him like that and didn't know who to properly defend himself without making things worse. He is sorely lacking in a strong character and social skills though. This could have been a lesson of a life time for him and he'll turn around.
Looking forward to more Survivor madness!
------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
Two things I didn't get:
1) In the challenge, the tribe last lost had two women up front carrying the cart. What were they thinking ? They must have dropped it every 5 steps
2) After watching the 1st two seasons, how could each and every one of these dopes not know that they would have to make a fire from scratch ? Geez, if I knew I was gonna go, I'd spent every friggin night perfecting my firemaking skills. Still, kudos to the one who figured out the thing w/ the telescope. Pretty funny how they didn't tell the other tribe even after winning the challenge.

Matt_Stevens

Supporting Actor
I was talking with a friend of mine today and she says to me, I kid you not: "Why didn't one of them just stick a tiny magnifying glass up their ass? They knew they'd need fire."
laugh.gif

Of course, I asked, wouldn't that be a bit uncomfortable?
eek.gif

------------------
www.deceptions.net/superman

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
"Why didn't one of them just stick a tiny magnifying glass up their ass? They knew they'd need fire."
Of course, I asked, wouldn't that be a bit uncomfortable?
Oh, I don't know. Frank Garrison seems to have arrived in Africa with a telephone pole up his. I know the expression normally calls for a "stick" or "broomstick", but that seemed inadequate to express how stiff he comes across and he is a phone company technician, after all! :)
Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

Paul Wu

Stunt Coordinator
Frank - Better simmer down on the attitude or he's going home quick. Notice when they celebrated the fire he was the only one not in the group hug. You don't want to exclude yourself this early in the game.
Yeah, but wasn't he the only one keeping it going while the others dancing all happy that they got a fire started?
------------------
Paul Wu
"There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count and those that can't."

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
One other thing on the "beef jerky" incident...er, I mean "Clarence vs. the beans" incident. Does anybody else think it's weird that we didn't get to see any footage of what really happened? Surely there was a camera there. Yet we didn't get to see Diane ask for food, or Clarence offer food, or even see him digging through the can. Not a shred of footage. Is it being saved up for a "never before seen" recap episode? Or is the truth being hidden? Hmmmm.
------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
They didn't show the "true" footage because they wanted to keep the audience in suspense for the 1st tribal vote. This is a supremely well edited show, and this is just one example of their editing prowess to create doubt in the viewers' minds and keep them at the edge of their seat if they can exploit an angle.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
As others have mentioned, didn't ANY of these people practice making fire? Or at least watch "Cast away", where Tom Hanks desperately tries to make fire the way they did, only to get blisters in his hands... before realizing that a better way to make fire is to create friction by sliding the stick back and forth on the piece of wood, not by spinning it?
And I didn't think Clarence made such a huge error, certainly nothing that was deserving of the maniacal outburst of hate from Tom. He ate half a can of beans, why not just say "OK, next time we eat beans, you get less than the others"? He didn't pretend he didn't eat it. Sure, gameplay-wise it was a mistake, but he didn't seem to have done it in a sneaky or deceitful manner. Diane on the other hand came across as a cowardly liar with the saintly way she said "I didn't ask for the food". I'm glad they voted off her instead of Clarence, he seems (so far) like a better person and a much more valuable player.
/Mike
------------------

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
actually, clarence did perhaps try to hide the fact... "I dropped off the can when I went to put on sunscreen"... It was Diane that mentioned it at first to the group. I think they were both in on it, but Diane tried to send him up the creek and flashed that big stinkin smile afterwards. I thought I also saw the video about the beans on the website. Excellent show.
Oh yeah, the first three minutes comment by the producer referred to them all riding in the van and being dumped off. I thought that was quite powerful myself, really set the stage.
Survivor 2 didn't interest me at all. I only saw 2 shows, the first one, and the one where they had to rescue something in a river. I couldn't even tell you who won that one. But I think that was the oldest group of characters so far.
I think the front runners are Kim P, Lex, Ethan so far that I can remember.
Kim Powers is hot.... but not as hot as Colleen - dayammm!! , or even the girl in the second one.
------------------
I AM CANADIAN!

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
Good news for those (including myself) who didn't see all of the first episode due to President Bush's press conference.
CBS will broadcast the first episode again on Wednesday at 10pm Eastern/Pacific.
My DirecTivo doesn't know about it yet, but CBS broadcasted a promo of the reply during football this afternoon.
-greg

GARY C

Second Unit
Contains spoilers (may also contain peanuts)...
This is the 3rd food challange to come in and yet no one seems to be learning anything.
Why doesn't someone with a strong constitution fake having trouble eating (or drinking) the food?
How hard is it. Take some time getting it down, throw a couple fake heaves in there and look sickly when you get back in line.
These people look that gullible that they would proably choose someone who even looks a little off. I mean this is Survivor isn't it? There has been a tie every year.
Also I wonder how the PETA people are going react to seeing the cow take an arrow in the neck.
------------------
If you can't learn to do something right, learn to enjoy doing it poorly!
[Edited last by GARY C on October 18, 2001 at 08:31 PM]

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I dont get it.. what did the boot-ie do to get him or herself boot-ed?? I hate having to work late... all I saw was after the celebration of the immunity challenge - about 10 mins or so...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks