Surround speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by KevinFC, Jan 19, 2005.

1. KevinFC

KevinFC Stunt Coordinator

i am replacing my surrounds and i have polk r50's as my fronts right now. And i am wondering should i replace my back surround with another pair of r50 or a set of r30 or would on wall surrounds be better? The surround are my last step in this phase of ht upgrade. I have upgraded my center and added a rear center. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. John S

John S Producer

I'm a pretty big advocate of the same exact speaker in all locations. So I'd give r50's a big thumbs up.

3. KevinFC

well im replacing polk r15's on my wall. Would the sound be better coming off the wall or from a tower on the floor?

4. John S

John S Producer

Not the answer you want, but your particular room is going to have more of a bearing on that than anything else.

5. KevinFC

The living room is 12X14, and the room does have carpet. Currently i have a pair CS13's as my front and rear center, Polk no longer sells the center to match the r series [​IMG], but the cs at polk said either the cs1 or 2 or the CSi 3 would go fine with the r series [​IMG]. Any other details i can provide i will. As i stated before, This is my last piece of the system to be upgraded until we move back home and i actually will have a basement.

Also, any comments on earthquake subs? I picked up one real cheap at CES. I got the MKIV-10 and it seems to do a pretty nice job for the price.

6. KevinFC

Fry's here has the r30's on sale in the fridays paper for 99.98 a pair. My question is now answered