What's new

Surrond Sound Troubleshooting Help Needed (1 Viewer)

Robert_Lamb

Stunt Coordinator
I have an Athem AVM-20 connected to a 5 channel amplifier. I here a popping noise in one of my back speakers. It pops periodically even when the processor isn't turned on. I notice the pop when the dishwasher starts or the dryer starts. It happens periodically throughout the day.

I am trying to figure out how to troubleshoot this issue. It could be the processor or the amplifier. Perhaps it is the power strip that feeds both. I can try to disconnect the power strip and see if the noise stops. I would I troubleshoot the amplifier versus the processor? If I shut off the amplifier I get no pop.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Try connecting a different speaker to the channel to determine it is the amp and not the speaker doing something crazy.

Robert_Lamb

Stunt Coordinator
I did change the speakers around and it still comes out of the same channel.

I believe your suggestion is to change the amplifier input channel order and see if that makes a difference. If it does, then it is the processor with the problem.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Well that wasn't my suggestion, but that is deffinitely a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks