What's new

SUPERNATURAL - Season 4 thread (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I just think that Dean's lack of beliefe in the devine demonstrates a tremeandous lack of thought on Dean's part about the nature of evil, demons and darkness.

What does he think, that evil just exists out of thin air? It comes from a source and as revealed tonight he, Sam and Bobby will have to face that source...Satan.

It just goes to show that while Dean may be an expert at tracking and battling evil he has very little to no knowledge and has expended very little thought on where it comes from and that there is a force of good in the universe as well.

This season is shaping up to be profoundly interesting in exploring this issue, it's great that instead of some generic demon the boys will be fighting in the times-old battle between the represenatives of Heaven and Hell.

Awesome episode this week, tense, exciting and thoughtful. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
To the contrary. I think it's the almost inevitable end result of a path that starts with demons killing his mother and then spending the next fifteen years encountering monsters on a nearly weekly basis but not any opposing force other than the hunters who have been hurt by them. "Bad things happen to good people and life's not fair" is the conclusion you draw from that. As Dean pointed out during the episode, positing the existence of God, angels, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster results in his universe making a lot less sense than it did two weeks ago.

On the other hand, the man's thrown a bunch of holy water around in previous episodes, and that's got to come from something, right?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Hmmm, I thought this episode was kind of a time-waster. The plot didn't move at all until angel-guy showed up in the last five minutes.

I'm also disappointed in the direction this show is going. I miss the original premise of the brothers investigating urban myths across the country. But it looks like we're in for a whole year of serialized angels vs. demons soap opera.

Sigh. Anyone know if there are any monster-of-the-weeks eps planned this season?

Good point. There should have been some line from the angel about "What do you think makes Holy Water 'Holy'?"

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

This is really the essence of my point, Dean has used the trappings of God to combat evil all his life but it's clear now that he never bothered to understand why they're used and why they work.

This is, for Dean's purposes, the beginning of a spiritual awakening for him and I for one am fascinated and want to see where this is going.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I thought this episode kicked major ass (just watched it last night). The opening was fricking awesome with the "hunters" eyes bugging out of their heads, seeing the ghosts of the angry dead collateral damage victims was great and set up the story even more for the Good vs. evil theme. I just wished the gore factor would have been upped a little bit....

I am loving this show even more than previous seasons if that is possible. I think that they will probably squeeze in some "monster of the week" stories along the way ala X-Files....

todd s

Senior HTF Member
A very cool episode. So mom was hot (I am going to hell...again). And she and her family were hunters. Very emotional episode. Especially, when Dean found out she didn't want her kids to be hunters.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm with Dean, mom was smokin' hot!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Tremendous episode! Very emotional discussion between Dean and mom with Dean welling up with tears telling her to stay in bed that day in the future.

Loved the not-so-subtle nods to Back to the Future, too lol. When Dean was in the coffee shop and from off screen you hear "Hey, Winchester!" did anyone else expect the next line to be "I thought I told you never to come in here!"? :D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm with Dean in that I'm sick of of the angel talking in gibberish. Just tell me what you want me to do, straight up, or get the hell out of my face.

Oh, and I also wish the script writers could come up with some other exclamatory slam than "...you son of a bitch." The language doesn't bother me, but the characters use it so often it's becoming rather comical.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Hehe, I noticed that, too, but having Dean say "I'm gonna' ram my fuckin' fist down your throat and pull your asshole out of your mouth, you tea-baggin' knuckle dragger!" wouldn't go over too well with the network me thinks lol. ;)

Yes, the angel's messages come across cryptic just to be cryptic and it's irritating.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
My recorder missed the very beginning. Was Jared Padaleki in this ep at all?

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Just watched this last. Wow! What an enjoyable episode on many different levels. The actress that played Dean and Sam's mom....whew!! Is she in the tribute to blondes thread yet? As mentioned, some of the tributes to Back to the Future were very cool. This show continues to provide solid entertainment.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I said it once...I have said it a hundred times. Supernatural hires the hottest actresses.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Last night's episode was alot of fun. I loved the opening credit sequence done like a movie's opening. And while The X-Files did a similar episode (but that went for more drama and heart than comedy), I liked Supernatural's crack at the homage to black and white monster movies more than I did The X-Files.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Last night's ep was awesome!

Had a very old-school horror movie mood to it and felt like a walk through a funhouse. :crazy: The specialized credits reminded me of the Buffy musical episode Once More with Feeling.

Dean, man, that dude get's the hottest women...sometimes I hate him lol. ;)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm still trying to figure out why the shape-shifter dressed Dean in lederhosen? I think Sam should have laughed out loud when he walked in and saw that. :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks